Monday, November 6, 2023

Monday Mural

 I'm linking up at Monday Mural

November 2023 - Collingwood ON

Taken last week when we were up north.

It's bad enough when it is a parking lot and cars are blocking our mural photos.
I was silently cursing the driver out as he walked away from parking his car. Then it dawned on me that this wasn't a parking lot! It was a fenced out pedestrian walkway!



The concept that has been used is commonly referred to as a “Postcard Mural” which is successfully used throughout the world to create photo opportunities for both visitors and locals alike.

In the large letters, COLLINGWOOD, are images of our beautiful heritage downtown, leading to the harbourfront on its doorstep and the iconic Collingwood Terminals.
 






8 comments:

  1. I'm in total agreement with you on cars parking in front of murals. I like how you got some very decent close ups, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love postcard murals and this one is on steroids! Jackie, I have some Toronto mural that our son photographed, can you ID any of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom, I was excited to see the murals you posted. You ID'ed all the ones I knew. Your son and wife certainly got around Toronto to find all these.

      Delete
  3. I like these Postcard murals, so tell us so much about the towns. There is also a suburb called Collingwood in Melbourne. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My experience is that many murals are painted on walls with legally marked parking spaces in front of them. It's just the way things happen. Parking in a pedestrian walkway though is another offense. As a kid when we collected postcards we were always disappointed when someone sent one of those town-name murals, I don't remember why. We preferred scenery or streetscapes.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scenery within the word is cleverly done.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.