Monday, September 19, 2022

T for Tuesday

 T Stands For is hosted by Elizabeth and Bleubeard


Since we are still in Newfoundland I will be lazy and direct you to my weekly recap of our Viking Tour last week. Lots of libations for T for Tuesday!!

I am adding some photos from the Auk Island Winery we visited in Twillingate. 

Named after the extinct Great Auk, The winery has made its mark in the industry making unique wines made from Newfoundland berries and fruits and some specialty wines using Iceberg water. The majority of the berries used are wild and free of pesticides or fertilizers, making our wines as pure as they come. The berries are picked by hand by the locals and often hand delivered directly to the winery.



The winery building was the former academy school of Durrell, Twillingate. From its humble beginnings of a cottage winery it is quickly becoming an export facility, mapping out new territories and countries throughout the word. Wines can be sampled and purchased at the winery, and houses a Sub and Ice cream shop which makes homemade Wine Ice-cream in many flavors. We are also home to Traditional Newfoundland souvenir shop called the Downhome Gift Shoppe.




You must be able to say Funky Puffin three times before you can sample.













13 comments:

  1. The trend to give naughty names to wine seems to be exploding at this winery!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Great Auk is a terrible loss, but I love this way of bring it to mind :) I'd definitely be up for trying a strawberry-raspberry wine. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wine-ice-cream sounds interesting! And cute labels on the bottles.
    Strawberry-raspberry-wine?! Call me in!
    Not a wine-drinker but reckon I would buy all those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post. I love the sayings on the wine bottles. The funky puffin is just too cool. Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wine labels are awesome. And now I'm trying to say Funky Puffin 3 times without laughing. Such a fun post. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I LOVE your new blog hearder. It is beautiful. Second, i am still laughing at some of the names of those wines. Three sheets in the wind is fabulous and so is Funky Puffin wine. The others are a bit racy and you would need a person in mind to serve them to. I think you found some wonderful wine and wonderful wine ice cream for T this Tuesday, dear Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't go that far east on my trip to Newfoundland so it's fun to see some thing new. You do find the best labels Jackie. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a cool place to visit and I'd love to try those wines, the labels are such fun 😊. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting names of wines! BTW I can say Funky Puffin three times. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't drink but I always enjoy the labels!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, not much of a wine drinker, but I would probably buy the bottles just for the labels. Great sense of humour indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh, Jackie, those labels are hysterical. I would buy all these just for the creativity. I am super interested in wine icecream too. What a great place to visit. TFS! Happy T-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.