Friday, November 7, 2014

Sepia Saturday


Sepia Saturday





I am going with the suggestion of three men.

Three transplanted Dubliners.
I know that this is Montreal around the early 1960s. My Dad, Jack, is the handsome man in the middle. On the right is my Uncle Brendan O'Shea, married to my Mom's sister Nellie. On the left, with the glasses (X 2), is Jim O'Connell, married to my Mom's youngest sister, Ursula.
Whose house this is? I can't figure out, nothing is familiar to me. I can guess it is probably the O'Shea's, and it might be on Durocher St. or else where they moved after Durocher.
I will have to ask my aunt.
Dad has his suit jacket on, but the other two are in shirt sleeves, rolled up.


12 comments:

  1. Out of the proverbial mists of time, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fellows enjoying a relaxing respite from the day's travails. But I find it increasingly unsettling that 1950, '60, '70, and even '80 are being considered "the good old days" as it were. Aaaack! Those years aren't really all THAT long ago - are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not really long ago at all LOL!!!

      Delete
    2. Your Dad and uncles might have wished they could be out fishing on a river bank somewhere, but at least they could enjoy a relaxing drink together. Casual dress wasn't really the thing in the 60s, and men rolling up their sleeves was about as far as they went.

      Delete
  3. I like your three men post! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Mad Men feel to the photo - suits, ties, cigarettes and a drink... A great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo. Your Dad is handsome to be sure. Photos like these make me wonder who was on the other side of the camera and what they looked like too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo of men at ease with themselves and the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny how everyone would sit around smoking indoors. In Winnipeg, I can remember 6 or 7 people all smoking in our small house...nobody seemed too bothered by it! How times have changed. Your Dad is very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did your dad kick off his shoes? I wonder what they're drinking.
    PS - Kathy is right -- very Mad Men-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They have three different ways of looking (or not) at the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look very relaxed. Your Dad may have still had his jacket on at that stage, but I expect it wouldn’t be long before he too rolled up his sleeves.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.