Saturday, February 10, 2024

Daily Dose Coffee

 Linking up with Marg at The Intrepid Reader

 February 2024

February 2024 - JOHN ST. TORONTO

We had our usual lazy weekend.
The fire alarm went on Monday morning so we quickly put some clothes on, you never know, but it was a false alarm on the 21st floor. After that we never did go out.

John used the golf simulator on Tuesday and Thursday.


Tuesday we went to find a new mural, it will be posted on Monday.


On the wall of the reference library.


Balzac's is a local coffee chain with 16 Ontario locations. Named after the famous French novelist and famed coffee drinker Honoré de Balzac, the cafes serve conventional and fair trade blends, as well as espressos, hot chocolate and a variety of cold beverages. Each Balzac's Coffee location has commissioned a café poster unique to the community it serves.


We had coffee in the reference library location.


This was the best flat white we've had.



I would love to know the story behind the other sign at the bottom left.


The Gallery had a display celebrating Osborne 75.












There are 11 children's stories in this made for Toronto image, can you find them?

 The building is the Lillian H. Smith Library on College St. which houses the large Osborne collection of children's books, click here.









Wednesday we went to see The Book of Mormon at the Princess of Wales Theatre on King St. West.




It was wickedly funny!


On the bus heading home.


Thursday John did a grocery run to Metro. I went shopping and bought nothing, again!

Need to find your way around Union Station, check out TD's Wayfinder.


Royal York Hotel



Citigroup building Front St. 


Friday's weather was incredible, as per this headline!
Toronto broke an 86-year-old weather record on Friday as temperatures climbed above 13 C during an unseasonably warm February.
So I went for a walk while John checked out golf putters at Golftown.

Roy Thomson Hall


Simcoe St. at King looking north.




Queen St. West



I stopped for coffee.





John St. and Adelaide. How warm was it? I saw a couple of guys having a beer on a patio!


These gluten free cookies are so good but the British store I order them from charges $8, I got these from Amazon for $6. 


Funny sky on Friday afternoon.




COOKING
Saturday ham, au gratin potatoes and broccolini
Sunday Steak frites and dipping sauce
Monday ham, mashed turnips and carrots and leftover au gratin potatoes
Tuesday ham ( I know, I know) fried potatoes and egg
Wednesday chicken curry
Thursday haddock and chips
Friday steak and mushrooms




WATCHING

Suburra: Blood on Rome Italian series 2017-2020. In 2008, a fight over land in a seaside town near Rome spirals into a deadly battle between organized crime, corrupt politicians and the Vatican. Not bad, love seeing how corrupt the Vatican is!

The Royal Hotel is a 2023 Australian psychological thriller film. Backpackers Hanna and Liv take a job in a remote Australian pub for some extra cash and are confronted with a bunch of unruly locals and a situation that rapidly leaps out of their control.

Baby God 2020 documentary.
For more than 30 years, Dr. Quincy Fortier covertly used his own sperm to inseminate his fertility patients. Now his secret is out and his children seek the truth about his motives and try to make sense of their own identities.

Garage Sales Mysteries




READING

Don't tell me you didn't sing this as you read!

I am reading The Guilty Couple and find it interesting so far. UPDATE great book!

9 comments:

  1. Another person who enjoys choc chip cookies! They are the one thing I miss on my diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very strange that I visit a Canadian blog and learn about an Australian film I've never heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must remember to check out Balzac's coffee shops if I am ever in Toronto again. I do love a good coffee shop.

    And that exhibit celebrating the children's books collection is wonderful. I'd love to spend a day viewing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have the best adventures. That Bert's Books sign is hilarious, but I HAVE read Dostoyevsky! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great that you had weather warm enough for an outdoor walk! The Royal York looks ready for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seem inclined to prove the old saying that eternity is two people and a ham.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed Balzac's coffee near St Lawrence Market and at the Distillery District, too. Royal York decorations look great. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of that Aussie movie!!

    Thanks for sharing the pictures from Wind in the Willow.I have very fond memories of reading this as a child and it was one of my grandmother's favourites even as she got older!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.