Saturday, December 16, 2023

Pilot Coffee Roasters

 Linking up with Marg at The Intrepid Reader

December 2023 - Toronto ON

FCP King St. W Toronto

We stopped into the Royal York Hotel to see their gingerbread display, it was a little different from last year.






Looking down into the hotel lobby.


John and I in sync again!


Got my Christmas gift!



Brookfield Place - heading for a haircut.


Commerce Court.



I was in Longo's and saw three men with three grocery carts, they looked like tourists, probably staying in an Airbnb, it sounded like they were speaking Italian. Of course, when I get to the only open cashier, they were in front of me! As I cursed under my breath and the line grew behind me, but then, one of the men turns to me and asks if I have a loyalty card! I do and had my card ready.
Look at how much they spent!


My bus driver gifted me more spices!


John bought me a new headset, wireless. Not my photo.



Friday the temperature reached 11 C or 52 F! Crazy with great sunshine!!

COOKING

I found a recipe for rugelach, Rugelach is a filled baked confection originating in the Jewish communities of Poland. It is popular in Israel, commonly found in most cafes and bakeries.
I need to work on my triangles or else I will make them as a log. I filled half with cinnamon, currants and walnuts, the rest I made with marmalade and chocolate chips. We both preferred the cinnamon. I posted the recipe here, with other filling options.





Saturday ham (new Costco purchase), au gratin potatoes, mushy peas and turnips.

Sunday pork belly, roasted potatoes, mushy peas. We are still working on using up what we have, getting there!

Monday chicken tenders, Caesar salad and dips. The last of the chicken!!!!!

Tuesday hamburger stew - the last package of ground beef!!!!!!

Wednesday burgers

Thursday salt and vinegar chips halibut and broccolini. I will never do breaded fish any other way, this was fantastic. Simply coat fish with mayo (or do egg and milk) and coat fish in the crushed potato chips.

Friday steak frites 

WATCHING
I found Australian Dessert Masters 2023 online so I watched it all! I also started watching season 15 of MasterChef Australia.

A Christmas Story recommended by a friend, and we enjoyed it.

Leave the World Behind is a 2023 American apocalyptic psychological thriller film. The film stars Julia Roberts, Mahershala Ali, Ethan Hawke, Myha'la, and Kevin Bacon as they attempt to make sense of the gradual breakdown in phones, television, and other regularly used technology which points to a potential cataclysm. We enjoyed it.

How It Ends is a 2018 American action thriller.

Finally The Miracle Club 2023 is on Netflix! I have been waiting for this. It was cute, we enjoyed it. There's just one dream for the women of Ballygar to taste freedom: to win a pilgrimage to the sacred French town of Lourdes. The cast Maggie Smith, Laura Linney and Kathy Bates.
1967 and this was my Nanny Mac, she loved going on bus trips from Dublin to Lourdes where she could pray for all our pagan souls and buys us miraculous medals!!

Barbie meh, waste of money.

Fisk is an Australian comedy television series. Fast-paced comedy about high-end contracts lawyer Helen Tudor-Fisk, who is forced to take a job at a shabby, suburban law firm following a humiliating marriage breakdown and a professional fall from grace.

READING
 
Next of Kin started off with me thinking, meh this is the story line?? Only to be completed blindsided with what came next. Great legal thriller. Love this new author!

4 comments:

  1. As usual, the Royal Hotel has put on a splendid display.
    The kindness of strangers. So many points must get you something decent.
    That's an interesting way to crumb fish, plain crisps I imagine.
    Fisk is quite popular here but I can take it or leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great Christmas gift you've got! I was thinking about baking shortbread cookies for the holidays. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Christmas gift and I love that Gingerbread house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing all the Christmas decorations.

    We really enjoyed Dessert Masters and I hope there is another series. The new hosts for Masterchef Australia have just been announced so I will be curious to see how that goes. We will be watching regardless!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.