Monday, July 17, 2023

Monday Mural

 

I'm linking up at Monday Mural



July 2023 - Toronto ON

There was hoarding in Graffiti Alley the last couple of years while a condo (Rush) was being built. Imagine my surprise to see what they did!


The mid-2019 site clearance of a nondescript single-storey building at the northwest corner of Richmond and Augusta intersection has opened up views to Toronto's famous Rush Lane, better known as Graffiti Alley.

Photo from Urban Toronto.


 
Rush condominiums
Artists involved in the project include Bacon, birdO, Blackburn, Sarah Skrlj, Smolik all from Toronto.













This cute graffiti artist is on the same building.



I had crossed the street and then realized that the utility boxes were also painted.







I could see a mural inside, and a young man exiting, kindly (unwisely) held the door open for me so I managed to get this photo.



7 comments:

  1. It is great art and certainly a people stopper work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, there is a lot to see!
    Nice of the man helping you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I'm a color guy, but the black and whites are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been down there in ages. That looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many murals. The black and white mural in the building has loads to discover. It couldn't have been easy to paint the ceiling. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was impressed that so many artists with so many different styles could work in harmony and create that impressive mural. So unusual. Even the utility boxes reflected the same vibe. Nice find, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.