Saturday, February 26, 2022

My Recipe Box - Gluten Free Yorkshire Puddings

 February 2022


Photo taken before gravy and roast potatoes added!

I have tried many GF Yorkshire pudding recipes to varying degrees of success. This, however, was absolutely the best. They rose, didn't stick, and tasted to prefection.

I found the recipe at The Gluten Free Blogger who is British.

The recipe calls for cornflour, I used corn starch and it worked well. However, I do see a lot of different definitions used.

This makes 12 - for two of us I usually make 3 so I divide the recipe into a third, as I use glass ramekins to bake them. 


INGREDIENTS
75g plain gluten free flour
75g cornflour corn starch
120ml milk
3 large eggs
Pinch of salt
12 tsp vegetable oil


INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat the oven to 425F/220'C / 200'C Fan / Gas Mark 8. Add around 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to each hole of a 12-hole muffin tin and place in the hot oven. Leave for around 10 minutes until hot.
Make the batter while your oil heats. Add the flour, cornflour, corn starch, milk, eggs and salt to a large jug and whisk until smooth.
Carefully remove the muffin tin from the oven. Working as quickly as possible, pour the batter evenly between the 12 holes. It should roughly half-fill each hole and the oil should sizzle as the batter hits it.
As quickly as possible, place the muffin tray back into the oven and cook for 18-20 minutes until golden brown and puffed up. Remove from the oven and serve straight away.

2 comments:

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.