Saturday, November 10, 2018

Takeaway Menu

2015 - Blarney Castle Ireland



November 2018 Toronto


Saturday

Pink Saturday Queen St. W
Six Word Saturday I Was Born I Will Die

Definitely not a day to go anywhere! The Gardiner is closed all weekend for winter repairs. Therefore all east-west routes were backed up and everyone is forced onto Lake Shore. Our only way home, west bound, is Lake Shore.

We have to take that left lane and you can be sure many in that lane are not going to be turning left but will cut into the right lane as they near the traffic lights.


Good old homemade spaghetti sauce and cheese bread for dinner.


Sunday
Inspired Sunday Kangaroo Island Australia
Shadow Shot Sunday
One Word Sunday EARTH
Lens-Artists Photo Challenge Blending In or Standing Out?

Gardiner is still closed. Traffic building. And this.





Monday 
Monday Mural Ossington Ave.
Foto Tunes Little Big Town
Wordless

Heading for a haircut, there's always something to photograph.
Cool reflection.


Windows at Rexall showing Toronto neighbourhoods.


This rather grand building is now home to the Irish Embassy Pub, it began life as the Bank of British North America’s main Toronto branch.
It has a wonderfully ornate mansard roof. You can see the slate tiles, iron cresting, and classical details around the hooded dormer windows in the photograph.


Later in the afternoon I met a friend for coffee up in our club. It had rained most of the day (quelle surprise) but I still got a few pictures.
South west.


At the end of our street.


Towards High Park.


East.




Tuesday 
Tuesday Treasures Gladstone Hotel
Tuesday Photo Challenge To Kiss or Not To Kiss

We decided we needed a new backpack for travelling the ones we had are too heavy and the new ones are just better.

A gorgeous sunny day but windy! There won't be any leaves left on the trees after today.
Waiting for the bus.



We had poke bowls at Su and Bu, I loved my tuna but John hated his rubbery chicken.

Pastries on display at The Bay.






Darn I just got a new toaster. Only $799 for this Dolce and Gabbana model.



Words to live by, on the back of a dressing gown.




Iconic American toy brand FAO Schwarz at The Bay, but not for long.

The New-York based retailer has opened pop-up spaces at every Hudson’s Bay Co. store.

Playmat replicas of the life-size piano that Tom Hanks danced on in the famous scene from the 1988 movie “Big” are available for $120.







Wednesday
ABC Wednesday Letter R

I had to return something to The Bay so I headed there early.

More progress at Union Station, the canopy is being installed down York St.


Dish Towel for sale in The Bay. I'm worried someone might buy it for me.


Eaton Centre Christmas decorations, the blue curtain is where their large tree will go.



Thursday
Thursday Doors
A Photo A Week no challenge this week
Kammie's Odd Ball Challenge Lake Shore


I met a friend for coffee downtown and then John and I went to meet friends for lunch at the Brogue Inn.

While downtown I caught this truck.



Friday
Pull Up a Seat Sick Kids Hospital
Weekend Roundup
Weekend Reflections CN Tower
Wit's End Weekly Photo Challenge Four-Legged Friends
Kristallnacht Lest We Forget

Oh what a miserable, yet again, rainy day. I went out for steaks for dinner and to pick up a couple of items for our trip. Other than that, we started getting things ready, laundry and so on.

This was really a mundane week for us, no fun outings but that's because we are gearing up for Spain! We leave on Monday so the weekend will be filled with packing and making sure we have all our electronics, cables, batteries etc etc.

Even though we are joining a tour we have planned several days on each end to further explore Madrid and Barcelona, so I have worked out a daily plan, mainly because I love to plan!!!



BOOKS

You;ve got to love this!

I finished The Running Girl and enjoyed it. I started Backlash on my phone, I had forgotten about this author who wrote the Prime Suspect that became the TV series starring Helen Mirren. Not her best book but any means.
Also started The Woman in Cabin 10 and so far am more interested in the luxury cruise she is taking.




SHARING WITH:

Beth hosts Weekend Cooking where you can post anything food related.
Saturday Snapshots is hosted by West Metro Mommy.
Sundays in my City
Seasons
Monday Walks
Monday Morning Blog Club
Through My Lens Monday
Our World Tuesday
Wanderful Wednesday #wanderfulwednesday
Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global
Travel Photo Thursday
#WeekendWanderlust

8 comments:

  1. What a great series of photos, and some amusing commentary to go along with them. (And I love that expression "quelle surprise".) I'm glad but sad to see drivers are the same no matter where you are: your comment about people being in the left turn lane who will then cut off drivers to stay to the right. I was also surprised at how much Fall foliage seemed to be on your trees, when you're much further north than me (US, Connecticut) and most of our foliage is gone, but later on you said most of it would be gone (I'm assuming after your latest rain). It was a delight to visit your blog and see this post. It made my Saturday morning. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne, for dropping by. Amazingly, we still do have some fall colour.

      Delete
  2. Your High Park shot is my favourite.

    The Schwarz pop-up turned up at the Bay here downtown as well. I didn't see the walk on piano keyboard until I'd stepped on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dressing gown slogans are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting good old-fashioned spaghetti in marinara sauce for a long while. It's not easy to find that taste I remember as a kid. Maybe it was simply my imagination. I also liked Chef Boyaredee Spaghetti-O's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Robe! Made me smile! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been very rainy here too, but nice to see your photos of fall color. The pasties look beautiful! As much as I like going to FAO Schwarz, I'm in denial about Christmas -- really coming up quickly.

    I think I need that dish towel (not that it's true for *me* or anything!). And I love the book sandwich too.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.