Monday, June 15, 2015

Song-ography

March 2013 - New Orleans




House of the Rising Sun - The Animals


There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God, I know I'm one



My mother was a tailor
She sewed my new blue jeans
My father was a gamblin' man
Down in New Orleans



Now the only thing a gambler needs
Is a suitcase and trunk
And the only time he's satisfied
Is when he's on a drunk




Oh mother, tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your lives in sin and misery
In the House of the Rising Sun




Well, I got one foot on the platform
The other foot on the train
I'm goin' back to New Orleans
To wear that ball and chain



Well, there is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God, I know I'm one







Sweet shot tuesday blog badge

Song-ography is hosted by You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, a fantastic photographer and funny lady.
Also posting at Sweet Shot Tuesday.

10 comments:

  1. I would love to get there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. Brilliant song and amazing pictures for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great signs for a great song. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever! I especially like the image of the train. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANTASTIC! Love your mash up of song/photography. New Orleans...what a fun place to roam with your camera. Particularly lovin' the "Absinthe House"...THAT you don't see everyday! Thanks for sharing at Song-ography.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pairing of song and photos.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.