Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Recipes - Ultimate Chicken Fingers/Tenders - Air Fryer Option

UPDATED  February 2023 gluten free 
September 2010

I made the Ultimate Chicken Fingers on Sunday using the recipe from which I had posted in my Recipes to Try - Chicken post. I use that post to bookmark recipes I come across in the various blogs I follow that I want to try. This worked out very well, was easy and very delicious. I also added some chilli - garlic sauce.
I think this would be a great appetizer as well for a cocktail pary, serve them in small upright glasses. I also made 3 dipping sauces, Curry, spicy horseradish and a third one that was not memorable.



Ingredients:


2/3 cup (150 mL) Bisquick mix OR 2/3 cup GF flour AND 1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic salt, optional
1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 tbsp (45 mL) butter or margarine, melted

Method:

•Heat oven to 450ºF. Line baking sheet with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray.

•Mix Bisquick mix, cheese, garlic salt and paprika in large resealable plastic food-storage bag. Dip half the chicken strips into egg; place in bag of Bisquick mixture. Seal bag; shake to coat. Place chicken on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken. Drizzle butter over chicken.

•Bake 12 to 14 minutes, turning after 6 minutes with pancake turner, until no longer pink in center.



 I served it with a packaged Dole salad (I know lazy but...). The salad had an apple cider dressing with walnuts and cranberries.
I found a recipe for the dressing and will make this myself and I would add some green apple to the greens as well.
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 Tbsp olive oil
salt, pepper to taste

I just checked out Dole's site and they have some very interesting recipes over there (not just salads either), have a look.


AIR FRYER



INGREDIENTS


8 Chicken thighs boneless skinless
4 Tbsp Butter Melted
1/2 Cup Frank's Sauce
1 Cup Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
Paprika optional
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
Olive Oil Cooking Spray

INSTRUCTIONS

In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and Frank's sauce and set aside.
In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Completely pat the chicken dry - this is necessary to keep the breading on the chicken when eating.
Dip each chicken piece into the sauce mixture then fully coat with the breading and place in the air fryer basket evenly.
Cook for 12-15 minutes in the air fryer at 390*F or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165*F.
Once done, carefully remove and serve with a dipping sauce of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.