01 August 2026

July Recap





I did a daily "31 Days in Canada" post to celebrate Canada Day on July 1. 


We had a heat wave and smoky days from the forest fires. I picked up my passport! We both checked that our Nexus files were up to date.



It was a busy month with FIFA continuing.




MONDAY MURALS


We started the Beaver Quest and had found 42/51 by month's end.






I wandered Queen St. W, picked up a couple of new plants (and another couple a week later) and bought a couple of tops in the thrift store. 


We went to the market a couple of times.

Around the market.

J and L visited.
John went to a Blue Jays game.



EATING OUT

Summerlicious kicked off on July 3 - 19. We went to the St. Regis Hotel Louix Louis for lunch.


Royal York


We also ate at Anejo's Mexican on Market St.


We grabbed pizza slices at Pizzaiolo one day. I had a burger at Rosie's on Queen W. 
We didn't go for coffee but I had a caramel macchiato at Au Pain Doré. I did take J and L to Jimmy's.

The Well, Kensington Market and Union Station with J and L.


The last week of July turned out to have rather a bibliophile theme and my birthday!

We went to Candlelight Tribute to Leonard Cohen at the Toronto Reference Library.

I also wrote a post about the Reference Library and a post about Leonard Cohen.


We did the tour of Osgoode Hall✅  that requires a whole post to itself!!
Osgoode Hall is a historic 19th-century landmark in downtown Toronto at 130 Queen Street West. Built starting in 1832 and named after the first chief justice William Osgoode, it is a famous center for law in Ontario featuring grand Georgian and Palladian architecture, green lawns, and a famous iron fence!


We had burgers at Oklahoma ✅, birthday lunch at Black and Blue and cocktails at the Writers' Room ✅  Park Hyatt Hotel.


COOKING
Vichyssoise my first time ✅

I made lasagna for the first time in years! And we went on a Caesar salad kick.
I made lahmajoun again but I made a bigger batch and froze them.
I published a three recipes.
A pork tenderloin recipe that I liked pork tenderloin,
I made a couple of batches of scones.
John did a Costco run $201/ I did a Walmart order to stock up, making me happy. 
I got steaks and ground beef, cheeses at the market and on another trip I got 3 lbs of ground pork for $10, some tzatziki, green peppers, asparagus, broccolini, heirloom tomato.

SAMPLES




REST IN PEACE 


AROUND HOME


Raffi installed it.


We had the Appliance Heroes clean the washer and replace the gasket, dryer and ducts, dishwasher.




And a yellow shirt!

I replaced some old t-shirts (charity box). I also got a good black zipped hoodie!




Some new plants. I have to repot the other two.


1 false fire alarm.

 10 golf games.

WATCHING

We cancelled Netflix and subscribed to Apple.
We watched Your Friends and Neighbours, Silo, Cape Fear, Hijack. And we finished The Good Fight. 

I am up to date on the final season of Grantchesters. I finished Little Disasters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

July Recap

  RC Coffee July 7 Caffeo July 10 Portside Coffee July 17 Hash House July 24 The Library Coffee  July 31 I did a daily "31 Days in Can...