Thursday, September 6, 2018

Thursday Doors




August 2018 - Montreal QC

We spent a weekend in Montreal recently.

 Birk's iconic blue doors only reopened in June after a massive renovation.






I took this in the evening not realizing what building it was.


It was only the next day that I realized The Gazette is in the Dominion Square building.





The main floor was conceived as an interior shopping arcade at a time when such a notion was highly experimental. Moreover, the original design allowed access to the retail spaces on the ground floor from outside and in.




5 comments:

  1. Stunning buildings and the metalwork doors and fittings are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent doors and surrounds! I love those shopping arcades--there used to be a few in Louisville, Kentucky, where I'm from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dominion Building is quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous finds. I haven't been down around the Birks Building in years. I wasn't even sure they were still a going concern. It may be time to go back and explore. Cathcart St. has a few other lovely old buildings too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of some of the buildings in Philadelphia. Quite something!

    janet

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.