Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday Snapshot


 

Saturday Snapshots is hosted by Alyce at At Home With Books.  


This picture (2005) was taken in Stephen's Green in Dublin across the street from Oscar Wilde's house. It makes me laugh every time I see it because it reminds me of Hugh Grant.

Some of my favourite quotes are:
I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

The only thing that sustains one through life is the consciousness of the immense inferiority of everybody else, and this is a feeling that I have always cultivated.


The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, no. I'm afraid I fall into the unimaginative crowd these days because weather has taken a big role in my conversation. Maybe one the heat wave is over I'll move on to wittier topics. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very modern, doesn't he, lolling about with his floppy hair.. My Snapshot is at http://chriscross-thebooktrunk.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/parisian-pictures-take-two.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. He certainly had some great thoughts. Funny statue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That statue is amazing - I love the pants with the crease and pattern. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shots and the quotes. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oscar WIlde was quite the fellow, wasn't he? That's a great pose! He does kind of look like Hugh Grant haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an unusual looking statue. I bet it was fun to look at all of the quotes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a strangely alive looking statue. I think it might creep me out a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A picture is worth a thousand words.....especially if it is of a monument featuring quotes♫♪ Love your entry this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw that very same statue in 2010. I am an admirer of Oscar and I was greatly distressed by the statue- I think it's terribly disrespectful, and in rather bad taste. Still I'm very glad to have seen it, the parks of central Dublin are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an incredibly awkward pose. It reminds me of the ridiculous poses they put store mannequins in to model clothes.

    I do like Oscar Wilde, though--so thanks for sharing. I'm not sure I'll ever get there in person.

    Here's my Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.