01 May 2026

Memories

 May 1 Toronto ON


Today would have been my mother's 96th birthday!!

Photo taken 1945 Dublin Ireland

Her favourite song and version she knew best.


Bee Gees version


On May 1, 1930 and May 1, 1906 my mother and maternal grandmother were born.

My grandmother 1916???




My grandmother and my mother in Dublin




My mother and me in Dublin


My mother standing by the carriage and my grandmother 




My mother in 1948????


My mother passport photo 1957 




8 comments:

  1. Your mother was lovely. Great photo. Speakiing of photos, I like your blog header of the bridge in France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new header! And of course your mother was such a beautiful woman! Happy Birthday to her, wherever she may be, at least in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh, your mum was a pretty young lady

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mom was stunningly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A happy heavenly birthday to your mum. I don't really think I can see a resemblance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see the family resemblance in photos of you that you've posted. How lovely to have that photograph of her as a young teen.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

Europe 2026

  A quick version of our plans as our flights with Air France today (Paris - Vienna)  were cancelled and we are now booked on an earlier fli...