Saturday, August 10, 2013

Song-ography



Here's a new fun meme to join! You'll Shoot Your Eye Out rules are:

1.  Would be kinda cool if you would link back to my blog somewhere...ANYWHERE
2.  Would be kinda cool if you "followed" me.  Not to the bathroom or anything creepy...just here in blog-land.
3.  Please link up using your permalink URL.
4.  Photos MAY or MAY NOT be recently taken.  Heck, sometimes you might see a song title and think "I ALREADY have an amaaaaaaazing photograph for that song title!"  No reason you shouldn't use it.  Amazing is amazing regardless of when it's taken, right?
5.  Would be kinda cool if you'd visit some of the other participants and leave a kind word or two.  I'm from Philly, and you KNOW we have a rep for being the kindest and friendliest peeps in the world :)
6.  You may have one photo,  or drop a photo bomb of photos in your link up post.  Just please make sure your photo(s) are an interpretation of the song title for the week. 
7.  Link-up will be available beginning Sunday mornings.
8.  Tell lots, and LOTS of your blogging friends so I don't feel like I'm sitting at the school lunch table all by myself on Sunday morning.  I don't want to be a "Lonesome Loser" and have to post a photo about it.Got it?  Sunday, link up, song titles, photographs that are interpretations, a mash up I'm calling Song-ography, be there...YO.


This week's prompt is:

Now that song takes me back to high school and the first guy I had a real crush on!! Those were the days of hanging out in coffee houses in Montreal, The New Penelope and The Yellow Door. Joni Mitchell played both of these places in 1967 and a couple more visits to The New Penelope in 1968. Joni also played at Expo 67 and I had a season's pass and I attended that concert.


My selections were taken from our condo over the last couple of months.

Bows and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way

But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all

Moons and Junes and Ferris wheels
The dizzy dancing way you feel
As every fairy tale comes real
I've looked at love that way

But now it's just another show
You leave 'em laughing when you go
And if you care, don't let them know
Don't give yourself away


10 comments:

  1. Great shots and very representative of this song! Especially love the one with the hazy sun.... WOW, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your images reflect images in the song. The first and second photos are stunning sky views.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! That massive sun, stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are quite simply stunning... the red hot glow of the sun is fabulous

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all from your condo? What a fabulous view on the world you have! All quite stunning. Thanks for joining in on Song-ography this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You captured some awesome images from your condo - perfect to this week's song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what fabulous shots of the skyline. So beautiful. Love the one of the building shrouded in the clouds. Also that last shot was so intriguing. I'm guessing the white dots in the clouds were from a jet vapor trail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You most certainly have a great view from where you life ! All the shots you picked are great for the song.Love the amazing sun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos...isn't it interesting how songs take us right back to moments in our lives? Hearing Joni Mitchell sing takes me right back to 7th grade and makes me think of my sister, who always had Joni on repeat, blasting loudly from her room. :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.