Saturday, August 3, 2013

Sepia Saturday - Aug 3


Sepia Saturday

I'm posting at Sepia Saturday today.

The suggested theme is:



188 : A tall ship, a small lighthouse, and a windmill feature in this 1900-ish photograph of Littlehampton. But there are also cycles, ladies with hats and men with caps.

Thank goodness I managed to find a bicycle in the corner of this photo with my maternal uncle, aunt and their cousin, Derek Brennan in Dublin. it looks like my grandmother's house on Mourne Road.
UPDATE - I think this is around 1950.



12 comments:

  1. A great family photo to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be able to get away with this photo again for the week after next with the braces on the boy in front ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aye, and to be thankful for a bicycle -- the the family photo was really enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like photos like this where children seem to freeze only an instant for the camera, and are about to run off. About what year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This picture looks like it would be a good story starter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if these kids shared the bike or if each had one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks as if they're smiling into the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello this is my first Sepia saturday
    I read its s a family photo that's nice that you know where it was taken
    Jackie scrap bang wallop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rendered house walls and a great set of braces. We don't seem to take such attractive photos these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the photo. It looks like one boy has a makeshift belt while I love the braces on the other boy. Both with too big shorts that they can wear for many years.

    My grandmother said she made long shorts just above the knee for her boys as if she made longer pants, they always put holes in the knees!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.