Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday Snapshot



Saturday Snapshots is hosted by Alyce at 
At Home With Books. 





In October 2012 we took a Rhine river cruise aboard the MS Amadeus Princess.


We had sailed earlier in 2012 aboard the MS Avalon Creativity along the Seine and also aboard the MS Sound of Music along the Danube. I would rate the Avalon by far as the superior cruise for comfort and service and quality. The Sound of Music was also great for comfort and service but less so on quality. Amadeus was our least favourite, comfort was great but service definitely lacked as the crew were not friendly at all.



The MS Amadeus Princess has a total of 78 cabins and 2 suites. Each cabin is furnished with a bed, TV, toilet, wash basin, shower, cabinet, telephone, writing desk, chair, safe and French balcony. These rooms were much the same on the other ships.
The dessert tables were amazing aboard the Amadeus, however.



10 comments:

  1. I love the names of all the ships--and all that dessert looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those desserts. Are those chocolate covered bananas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I really want to take a river cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A river cruise sounds wonderful! I'm craving dessert now :). Here’s my Saturday snapshot post.
    ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing, thanks for sharing your experiences♫

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures -- that food looks YUMMY! :-)

    Here is my SATURDAY SNAPSHOT post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've yet to go on a cruise, but hope to get on one in the next few years- my dream is South Pacific more than European River. Either way I'm sure the dessert buffet would appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm terrified of the open seas but I think I can handle a European River cruise. These pictures are gorgeous...and scrumptious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing how much of a difference kindness makes when it comes to service. It still looks like a fun way to see the river though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be thinking about those desserts for days....!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.