Monday, September 22, 2014

And to Think I Saw it on....Sep 13 - 19 2014

Last week's edition.

BUD AND BLOOM


TORONTO LIFE

Friday My Town Shoot Out - favourite street.


Saturday was an overcast type of day so I was busy cooking in the kitchen. See Bon Appetit section below.

Sunday John watched golf and I ended up going to the Ukrainian and Polish street festivals. Thanks to the TTC (Toronto Transit Commission), I got on at Old Mill around 1:15 and went one stop to Jane where they announced that all service had stopped on Line 1 as they had lost communication. Decided to wait it out as they then said that they were working on it. Around 1:45 they stated that shuttle buses were available. I have no faith in the shuttle bus system in Toronto, I have yet to see them dispatch enough to handle the crowds at each station. My plan was to wait until 2 PM and then get off at Jane.




Up onto Bloor at Jane and the Ukrainian Festival.



I walked from Jane to Runnymede and the subway was working so I got back on at 2:28 and headed to Dundas West. It didn't look too busy as I started walking down Roncesvalles but then a sea of people appeared in front of me!

Click here for photos of food and here for more photos of Roncesvalles.

Some random photos taken along Roncesvalles.



Monday I went downtown to pick up some groceries and wander around.

Interesting sunlight reflecting off the Royal Bank building.



 I wanted to find this bookstore I had read about. Doesn't it look like a great place to spend a rainy day?


Tuesday we waited around for our bathroom vanities to be delivered. Then they called to say they would come on Wednesday. 

Wednesday we took turns. I went shopping in the morning and John golfed in the afternoon.

New shoes!


Friday John suggested we try Walhburgers but they still haven't opened. It was a bright, somewhat chilly day so we went to Harbourfront instead.


Amsterdam Brew House On the Lake


John declared this to be a very good burger! There were many other items on the menu that we would like to try.


Three brown butter lobster rolls with fennel and topped with apple fennel and snap peas, delicious!





WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBOURHOOD

Sun rising early one morning.



I took these photos walking back from a pedicure.



There are not as many inukshuks this year. I'm not sure why, last year there was a man who spent his weekends constructing these works of art but I haven't seen him this year.


BON APPETIT



Click on the links to find the recipes.

On Saturday I needed to clean out the fridge. I made a mulligatawny soup loosely following Emeril's recipe, from the chicken and and vegetables languishing in the fridge. John declared this the best ever curry ever.


Then I made a new recipe for lemon blueberry loaf.


We had our weekly steak dinner carrots and baked potatoes.

Sunday - Since I had been at the Polish Festival we had rye bread, peorgies and homemade cabbage rolls since I couldn't find any at the festival.

Monday John suggested we have flank steak with broccoli. I used my trusty flank steak recipe and it was delicious served with homemade gravy.

There was enough left over for Tuesday's dinner.

Wednesday was lamp chops with cauliflower and broccoli gratin.  I used my potato au gratin recipe but added feta cheese to the mix.

Thursday ham, boiled potatoes and corn.

Friday after our lunch out as mentioned above we had eggs, tomatoes and ham.


HOUSE AND HOME
YES we finally arranged and received delivery of our new bathroom vanities. Now to arrange removal of the ugly ones and get these installed!!



SUNSET




THIS TIME LAST YEAR

Attended a taping of the Steven and Chris show.



Around town



We drove to Columbus Ohio




4 comments:

  1. Looking at all your shots makes me miss Toronto (except the broken down subway part)!
    I was in the Steven and Chris show audience at least four times. I think they're always looking for people. It's fun! But my favorite was Strombopolis (or however you spell his name). I'm not sure if he still tapes in Toronto though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoroughly enjoyed your eye and this post!

    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly are keeping busy!

    That lemon and blueberry loaf looks utterly delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There certainly is a lot to see and do in Toronto!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.