Saturday, July 19, 2014
My Recipe Box - Cinnamon Raisin Bread
I've been enjoying my bread maker these days. It's one of those things you don't use it for ages and then you go on a spree.
The first time I made this for some reason I only added 1/4 cup of water and it had to be thrown out.
I made it again that evening but set the timer so that we would have warm bread for breakfast at 8 AM. it turned out perfectly.
Because I used the timer the raisins were added with all of the other ingredients which meant they were chopped up in the final product. Next time i'll add them when the machine beeps for them.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread (Bread Machine)
1 egg + water to equal 1 1/4 cups
2 Tablespoons powdered milk
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons butter
3 2/3 Cups All Purpose white flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon I would add a little more
1 1/4 teaspoons yeast
1/2 cup Raisins or more if you like them
1. Measure first 8 ingredients in the order listed into baking pan
2. Insert baking pan into oven chamber, twist to secure and close lid
3. Select: Sweet Bread Setting
4. Select "Regular" or "Dark" crust
5. Press Start- there will be a 15 minute preheat delay before mixing begins
6. Add raisins when the "Add Ingredient" signal beeps
7. Using oven mits, remove bread when completion beep sounds.
8. Cool on a wire rack before slicing
Baking time: 3:50 hours and Makes a 2.0 lb loaf