Saturday, February 8, 2014

Song-ography Feb 8




Here's a new fun meme to join! You'll Shoot Your Eye Out rules are:

1.  Would be kinda cool if you would link back to my blog somewhere...ANYWHERE
2.  Would be kinda cool if you "followed" me.  Not to the bathroom or anything creepy...just here in blog-land.
3.  Please link up using your permalink URL.
4.  Photos MAY or MAY NOT be recently taken.  Heck, sometimes you might see a song title and think "I ALREADY have an amaaaaaaazing photograph for that song title!"  No reason you shouldn't use it.  Amazing is amazing regardless of when it's taken, right?
5.  Would be kinda cool if you'd visit some of the other participants and leave a kind word or two.  I'm from Philly, and you KNOW we have a rep for being the kindest and friendliest peeps in the world :)
6.  You may have one photo,  or drop a photo bomb of photos in your link up post.  Just please make sure your photo(s) are an interpretation of the song title for the week. 
7.  Link-up will be available beginning Sunday mornings.
8.  Tell lots, and LOTS of your blogging friends so I don't feel like I'm sitting at the school lunch table all by myself on Sunday morning.  I don't want to be a "Lonesome Loser" and have to post a photo about it.Got it?  Sunday, link up, song titles, photographs that are interpretations, a mash up I'm calling Song-ography, be there...YO.




February 2014 - Mazatlan Mexico

I was thinking of what I could post and realized I had written "Just A Day Out - Mazatlan Mexico this week so here is a link to that.

We have been very lucky to spend January and February in the lovely city of Mazatlan.
Our days have been full of warmth and sunshine unlike our friends in snowy Toronto. Every morning I walk to the patio and am still amazed by the blueness of the Sea of Cortez and the pool, umbrellas.

So this morning I took a photo standing in that spot to share as My Day.





                                                                            "My Day"

Oh-oh-oh, Mhmmm

Like a lotus flower growing in the dirt
Ain't nobody ever noticed what it's worth
'Til the sun shines and the rain falls and
In no time it all is beautiful



This is my day, this is my day
Ohhhh, won't let it slip away
Oh, waiting for these changes to say, this is my day

There's a voice inside that's trying to be heard, hmmm
And it's echoing across the universe
If you listen, it'll lead you to that place you've always been running to



This is my day, this is my day
Ohhhh, won't let it slip away
Oh, I'm waiting for these changes to say, this is my day

I always saw it coming
A little light behind the clouds
This is the start of something
My heart believes it now

This is my day, this is my day
Oh, won't let it slip away
Oh, this is my day, this is my day
Oh, won't let it slip away
Oh, I'm waiting for these changes to say
This is my day, this is my day,

Ohhh, my day.
Like a lotus flower growing in the dirt

3 comments:

  1. Such vibrant blues! Your photo warmed me up as I sit here waiting for yet another round of snow. Yes...I am extremely jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to feel the warmth of Mazatlan right now :). Enjoy every moment soaking up that beautiful sun. Thanks for joining in at Song-ography.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.