Friday, February 7, 2014

Sepia Saturday - Feb 8


Sepia Saturday

I'm posting at Sepia Saturday today. This week's challenge:


214 :  A piano and a picture within a picture


Christmas early 1970s - Montreal 

I searched for this photo and when I couldn't find it I posted the photo below of my cousin/accordion. 

Then I was reading Tocklebear's post where he mentioned having Magnus electric chord organ which is EXACTLY the same organ that my sister is standing beside in this photo!! Her Christmas present.
So I went and searched harder and found this picture.

And that is one ugly picture over it, I have no recollection of it whatsoever.



July 1972 - Dublin Ireland

I also found this photo of a McGuinness cousin in Ireland playing an accordion.



10 comments:

  1. Not a fan of accordion music, but the coordination to squeeze and finger in different directions has always fascinated me. I think I would have been with that lady on the couch having my own little bourbon on the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not necessarily a fan of the accordion either, but sometimes, when it's combined with other instruments, it can sound rather awesome - such as with the musicians playing for "Riverdance"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of like polka music played on the accordion because it sounds so lively and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! Your search paid off, but I have to agree, that ‘picture within a picture’ is not so appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way that memories bounce around between us Sepia Saturday participants. It makes reading the various posts so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remembered the Magnus Organ too, but I never got one for Christmas. It predates synthesizers and is really an accordion with an electric fan to blow air through the reeds. The accordion is a much more musical instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, a bookcase with maybe an encyclopedia, as well as musical instruments...a family which had the right tools for young people to become properly educated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a tiny little organ that is - I've never seen one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see mine was larger, and with legs.
    My parents also got me the bench because I remember my cousin sitting next to me,
    our hands merging on the keyboard as she taught me that song, Liebestraum.
    I used to dance Polka...
    Those were the days!!!
    That book shelf looks familiar. Rosewood, isn't it?!?
    I remember one of the series of encyclopedias was by Grolier, right?!?

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.