Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Travel Photo Thursday

I'm posting over at The Budget Travelers' Sandbox 

October 2012 - Amsterdam The Netherlands

When we were in Amsterdam last October our hotel was situated not far from the flower market.
The Singel is a canal in Amsterdam which is famous for its flower market. The floating flower market was first held in 1862. The market is unique, because all the merchandise is displayed on floating barges. This is a relic from the days when the flowers and plants sold at this market were shipped in by barges. Nowadays fresh flowers are still brought in every day; by vans, however, and no longer by boat.












4 comments:

  1. I love flower markets! We visited on in Paris years ago. Thanks for sharing this on with us at Travel Photo Thursday. Happy travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulips are probably my favourite flower. I'd love to get to Amsterdam one day too :0 Loved your photos - the flowers and the tote bags would have been on my buying list for sure. We have a tulip festival in SWAustralia - if you're interested I wrote about it on my blog: Fire and Ice in Quirky Nannup! It's a long way from Amsterdam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, absolutely gorgeous. I spent a few hours in the airport in Amsterdam and saw a lot of tulip-inspired gifts. Thanks for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to stop by to say Yes! I was here last November, lovely to be reminded, Amsterdam is a great city and your photos are wonderful. I love all the bulbs.
    Have a great week
    Wrenx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.