Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Recipe Box

Sticking to my plan to make one new recipe each week, I made this turkey meatloaf from Italianatedotcom last night and it was proclaimed a keeper for my recipe box.

Every time I think of ground turkey I think of a friend of mine, Marian, who always complains that ground turkey has a really bad smell, which I can't understand.


I forgot to take a photo so I am using Italianatedotcom's.

 011



Supermarket Turkey Meatloaf
serves 4, with leftovers
1 1/4 lb. of lean ground turkey
1 1/4 lb sweet turkey sausage, removed from its casing
3 ribs celery, peeled (if stringy)
1 medium onion, finely diced
3 tbls butter
1 box pepperidge farm seasoned panko crumbs I had stale garlic bread so I made crumbs from it.
3 tbls freshly chopped parsley
2 tbls freshly chopped chives
3 large eggs
1/2 c half-and-half or whole milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 bag peeled carrot sticks, blanched in salted boiling water for approximately 5 minutes.
1 tsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place butter in a skillet, along with onions and celery.  Bring to a sizzle and saute on low heat for about 10 minutes, or until softened, but not caramelized.  Add chives and saute another minute.


Place mixture in a large mixing bowl and allow to cool to room temperature before proceeding.
Add the remainder of ingredients (except carrots) to the mixing bowl and blend with hands, until mixture is uniformly combined.
Form into a loaf and allow to rest for at least 15 minutes,or  up to 2 hours (in the fridge).
Place in oven and roast, uncovered, for approximately 45 minutes.  Drizzle carrots with olive oil and scatter around meatloaf.
Allow meatloaf to cook for an additional 35 – 45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 – 165 degrees.
Allow to rest for 10 – 15 minutes before carving.




No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.