Saturday, January 12, 2013

Satuday Snapshot



 

Saturday Snapshots is hosted by Alyce at At Home With Books.

Yesterday, which was the coldest day of our stay, we had booked tickets for the Neon Boneyard which opened in October 2012.
The Neon Museum is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the rich history of the city through its most iconic art forms, the neon sign. The Neon Museum’s collection consists of three components: the Neon Boneyard, the Downtown Gallery and the Las Vegas Signs project.

I am only posting a sampling of the signs they have on display.  I will post others in the future.



This was an incredible experience to see all these iconic symbols of the old Las Vegas.










11 comments:

  1. That looks like my kind of place to visit. Thanks for your comments. We do seem to have a lot in common. As a fellow traveller I think I need to follow you and your travels. I'm always on the lookout for new places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun place to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neon signs are obviously an art form in their own right! My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/BIJkg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love signs! They are definitely an art form. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom lived in Las Vegas when she was in middle school sixties. I wonder if she'd recognize any of those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually find all those nocturnal relics a bit sad to see in the day time. Many of them don't look to be in working order either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... cultural relics that look so sad without all their glitz and lighted glamour! But so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cool...thanks for sharing.

    My Saturday Snapshot is in the link below.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool place to visit! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. If I ever go back to Vegas, I would definitely add this to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jackie you should be a travel agent.
    I'm now planning a trip to Vegas (where I've been many many times) based on your posts that covered the Mob museum, Hoover Dam and now this funky old sign museum. Thanks for sharing;truly!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.