Friday, October 10, 2014

My Recipe Box - Sausage Stuffing


I saw this recipe on TV early in the week as part of a Thanksgiving segment on the Marilyn Denis show. I thought it would be good in a pork tenderloin.

It was good but the sausage I had on hand was not easy to break up.

Sausage Stuffing


1 medium firm apple
2 cloves garlic
1 peeled shallot I didn't have one so I used an onion
150 grams oyster or crimini mushrooms I had a large container of common white mushrooms
2-3 tbsp olive oil
75 ml apple cider
30 ml bourbon
200 grams sausage meat
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method:
In a food processor add the mushrooms, garlic, shallot and apple and chop until fine.
In a pan on medium heat, sauté the mixture in olive oil for about five minutes, until softened. Season well, and then add the cider and bourbon and cook for a minute or until the liquid is reduced.
Remove the meat from the sausage casing and mix with the mushroom-apple mixture.

2 comments:

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.