Friday, October 3, 2014

British Isles Friday - Keep Calm and Carry On


British Isles Friday logo

Joy's Book Blog is hosting this weekly meme.


One of my favourite Canadian bloggers Nag on the Lake posted this interesting video.


A short film that tells the story behind the 'Keep Calm and Carry On' poster. Its origins at the beginning of WWII and its rediscovery in a bookshop in England in 2000, becoming one of the iconic images of the 21st century.


Here is a Carry On poster I photographed in London in 2010.



Keep Calm And Buy Shoes Poster

Keep Calm & Drink Tea Poster

Now Panic And Freak Out Poster

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Love the post, never really knew too much about the history of "Keep calm..." I hope you don't mind I have also posted on this today. I have mentioned your blog. I would definitely like to visit the bookshop in Northumberland. Have a great day, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those signs but I have to say that the last one would probably be an appropriate banner for ME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd heard the story but not seen the video. Very cool. I'm a big fan of keep calm and carry on -- it's a phrase that works well in my self-talk.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.