Sunday, October 26, 2014

And To Think I Saw It...Oct 18 - Oct 25

LAST WEEK'S EDITION


BUD AND BLOOM
This week's bloom is from Yorkville.




WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBOURHOOD

Some views from our condo.



Walking along the lake




For the birds!







TORONTO LIFE
Click on the links for more Toronto.

Monday Mural
Song-ography A Perfect Day
Friday My Town Shoot Out - The Zoo Weekend Cooking Scavenger Sunday
Saturday Snapshot - Nuit Blanche

Tuesday was lunch and shopping with a GF. We wondered about Yorkville until it started to rain heavily.



Thursday I went down to Queen's Park. I came upon all kinds of interesting things especially these memorials to fallen police and firefighters.






Friday we went to the new (since October 2013) Ripley Aquarium located in front of the CN Tower and next to the Rogers Centre. It is a great aquarium and lots of fun to visit. Seeing sharks swimming over your head was amazing.



BON APPETIT



Saturday was a lazy day. I made a sticky date cake and we had a roast pork with mashed turnips and carrots with roasted mushrooms and potatoes.




Sunday was salmon.


Monday was home made pizza.



Tuesday and Wednesday we had shepherd's pie, with lots of vegetables, peas, carrots, turnips and kale.

Thursday was ham with colcannon.

Friday we had dinner out with friends at the Real Sports Bar. John Tory, running for mayor, walked in at the same time as we did. He had an entourage with him.

I also made a cranberry bread but this recipe will not be going into my recipe box. Even as I put it in the pan I knew it was too dry.

The ocean Spray site has tons of raving reviews so I googled to see if anyone else had the same problems as I did, dry, and tough. Found a blogger who had the same reaction. She posted her version and I will try that.

I DID make this pumpkin coffee cake and it will be going into my recipe box. It is a keeper according to my husband. I hate pumpkin so I didn't try it LOL.

MY RECIPE BOX
New entries in my recipe box this week.
Sticky date pudding


HOUSE AND HOME
Some kitchen photos.
Dave came and hung the mirror in the en-suite bathroom. What a difference!! It feels huge.



Bought a lamp for our bedroom.



SUNSET
A couple of shots of the partial eclipse from our bedroom.
There is a reflection of the moon on the window.




TRAVEL



Links to posts I wrote this week about various travels.

Rubbish Tuesday - More Route 66
inSPIREd Sunday - Point Prim PEI

THIS TIME LAST YEAR

Casa Loma part 1 and part 2.



Lunch at Osgoode Hall with friends.



1 comment:

  1. It's been way too long since I've been to Casa Loma. As for cranberry bread, I've had it and it's dry. For whatever reason cranberries works well in muffins, but if you try it in bread, it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.