Friday, June 2, 2017

My Town Shootout

My Town Shootout

Jun 2: Stores - Where do you shop? What is your favorite place and what do you buy?


I hate large grocery chains. We have a couple close by, Sobey's and Metro that we use when in a pinch or hurry.We don't do a weekly grocery shop but rather shop around. Toronto is so diverse that depending on what we want we can find it.


I can drop into Longo's anytime as the shuttle stops right in front of Union Station so even if I'm not going downtown I can easily run into Longo's. Longo Brothers Fruit Markets Inc., commonly known as just Longo's, is a family-run grocery chain in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, Ontario, Canada.
It carries everything and also has a great gluten free selection.
It is in Maple Leaf Square behind Union Station and who could fault this location near ACC (Air Canada Centre) where there is always something going on!





Our staples are St. Lawrence Market for almost anything from meat to fruits and vegetables to pastries to flowers to bulk items. I've posted countless photos of the market so some of these are repeats.


Another great location!










We have Kensington Market.


We have Chinatown.


Then we have Lanzarotta's, closer to home, for fruits and vegetables as well. They claim to source directly from local farms but also carry absolutely every fruit and vegetable you can think of.



I could go on and on, Little Korea, Little India, Little Italy, Little Portugal and so on.

3 comments:

  1. The St. Lawrence Market is quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you have it all, but no barns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's what I miss about the city: a variety of shops.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.