Monday, March 18, 2013

Blue Monday







Lots of blue today as we rode the Verde Canyon Railroad on Saturday, a thoroughly enjoyable way to spend four hours driving through spectacular scenery.

We were aboard engine 1510. 2013 marks the 60th birthday for Engines 1510 and 1512 of the Verde Canyon Railroad.

Verde Canyon Railroad is the proud owner of two fine FP7 locomotive engines, both manufactured in 1953 by General Motors’ Electro-Motive Diesel in LaGrange, Illinois. These engines were both originally built for the Alaska Railroad where they were in service until the late 1980s after which they were moved to Wyoming to power the Wyoming Colorado Railroad. In 1997 they arrived at the Verde Canyon Railroad and the livery scheme was repainted with a stunning eagle motif to coincide with one of the themes and permanent fixtures of our canyon, the American Bald Eagle.







4 comments:

  1. My father worked on the trains, so you've given me a special memory today! I love this blue; Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Blue Monday, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool design on the train. I Love trains through the mountains.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to go back to AZ where my first kid was born. I bet things have changed in the last 20 years... all but the Canyon. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.