Sunday, March 10, 2013

My Recipe Box





I have been steaming my crab legs in the oven. However, while staying in a condo and not having a large pan to use as a steamer, I looked for another recipe and twigged it a little as I had limes. 

This will be my new go-to recipe.


Time 25 minutes
Serves 2


Ingredients
2 lbs king crab legs
1/2 cup butter (unsalted) I always buy unsalted
1/2 head garlic, about 5 garlic cloves, minced pressed use however much you like
1/2 lemon juice or
1/2 lime juice
1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
sea salt (optional)
dried parsley (optional) I don't add as I'm not a fan


Preheat  oven to 375 degrees. 

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan on medium low heat, melt the butter. 
Add the garlic and lightly saute. 
Squeeze in the juice of the citrus of choice. 
Turn the heat to low and let those flavors marry. 
Toss in salt to taste and a couple pinches of parsley. 
Whisk in the olive oil with a fork.
Arrange your crab legs in a 9 x 13 baking dish, brushing each leg with the sauce. 

Pour any remaining sauce over the legs. 
Place the pan into the oven on the center rack.
Bake for about 25 minutes or so brushing the sauce from the bottom of the pan onto the legs every 5-7 minutes. 

Remove from oven. 
Sprinkle with a few pinches o' parsley for garnish.

Posting at Foodie Friend FridayFoodie Friends Friday



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.