Friday, August 27, 2021

Weekend Roundup

 Welcome to The Weekend Roundup...hosted by Tom The Back Roads Traveler



1. Starts with "I"
2. A Favorite
3. INSECT chosen by Tom

Starts with "I"
IYANBITO New Mexico
The Iyanbito Community was settled by Navajo families from different parts of the reservation to work at the Fort Wingate Army Depot during World Wars I and II. Some of the residents returned to their respective areas, but other chose to remain in Iyanbito. Thom Thomas was one of the founding leaders of the community. He was instrumental in organizing the local government as well as building the first chapter house. The name Iyanbito means “Buffalo’s water” (or springs) which came from a time when buffalo herds used to gather at a watering hole located east of the present chapter site.


FAVOURITE
ICE Cream Toronto ON





INSECT

Mauna Kea Golf Course Waimea Hawaii





Déjà Brew
A catchall for leftover beer, coffee, food, motels and whatever catches my fancy!

ICE 
Graffiti Alley Queen St. W Toronto by Uber5000







3 comments:

  1. ...IYANBITO is a new one for me!
    ...ICE cream solves everything is a favorite of mine too.
    ...oh how I miss Hawaii's INSECTS!
    ...I'd love to see Graffiti Alley for myself.
    Thanks Jackie for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, ice cream solves everything. Enjoyable post!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.