Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 1 - Not Working

I finally got a package from work yesterday!!I am now officially redundant!  I am thrilled but won't go into any details here.
I thought I might begin blogging about how I'm spending my time, for awhile anyway. Also use this to track my spending (lack of) out of curiosity.

I am stuck in the house as the painters are here doing most of the rooms and DH is out golfing. The plan had been to "work' from home anyway so he could go out.
We had the house rewired in November, the bathroom gutted and redone in May, some unplanned roof repairs (water damaged our bedroom wall), a new furniture purchase which necessitated rearranging furniture so it was time to get the repairs done and most of the house repainted.
BEFORE
To be painted

Water damage from hole in siding (repaired)

My closet - to be painted
TV room - hate the colour!!
Computer nook in TV room - messy and neeed ceiling repairs from another leak pre- new roof



Since I'm stuck, I have been deep cleaning my oven. I am really scrubbing down the racks to bring them back to pristine condition.

I pitted some cherries to freeze (if I was working they probably would have gone into the garbage).
Cooked chicken got cut up and frozen for soup.
Caught up on my blog reading and writing.
Made plans with a friend for coffee next week and lunch with another friend tomorrow.
Cleaned some of the kitchen items that got covered in dust when the central vacuum blew it's basket and spewed dust all over the house, luckily most stayed in the basement but everything does have a fine coating, including this computer.
Installed batteries in stick up lights for bookcases in living room.
Did a load of laundry and put it outside to dry!
Made a new chicken recipe - citrus chicken with peppers. Will post after we try it tonight.
Bedroom painting is finished. Dusted everything down including the screen and we can sleep in our own bed tonight!!

SAVINGS
Homemade coffee - $1.40
Transportation -       $5.00 (would have been double if I had to go to the Big House but that was usually only once a week)
Breakfast -               $4.00 had cereal instead of picking up something
Lunch -                    $5.00 but I had started bringing my lunch some days. Instead made a salad
TOTAL                 $15.40

1 comment:

  1. I'll watch your progress with interest. I am trying to retire but it's been complicated.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.