Saturday, May 6, 2017

inSPIREd Sunday




April 2006 -  Taos New Mexico




Taos Pueblo (or Pueblo de Taos) is an ancient pueblo belonging to a Tiwa-speaking Native American tribe of Puebloan people. It lies about 1 mile (1.6 km) north of the modern city of Taos. The pueblos are considered to be one of the oldest continuously inhabited communities in the United States This has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Saint Jerome, or San Geronimo, is the patron saint of the pueblo.

He is best known for his translation of most of the Bible into Latin (the translation that became known as the Vulgate), and his commentaries on the Gospels.











9 comments:

  1. ...an interesting look at another part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a cemetery featured today too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing other days of the World

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what an interesting architecture.
    I admire you. You have met many unusual places.
    Thank you that I could see it.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've just come from a UNESCO World Heritage site too - this looks amazing. I think I could just have my entire bucket list to be UNESCO World heritage sites don't you?
    Have a wonderful week Jackie where ever you are!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a great church! I'm so glad that it is taken care of. It's a fascinating place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to visit. It looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.