Friday, October 21, 2016

Friday Finds

1. Starts with Q
2. Week's Favorite
3. Fall or Spring


The first two will be the same, except we’ll work our way through the alphabet. The second can be a favorite image or activity from the week. The third will be different each time.

Friday Finds   ABC Wednesday

October  2016 - Toronto ON


Starts with Q - Queens Quay equals 2 Qs.

I realized as I typed this and I really wanted an apostrophe to be included that the sign didn't have one.
I was also surprised on how many websites "explained" how to pronounce quay - key. Odd, to me, why wouldn't one know how to pronounce it?

Queens Quay is a prominent street in the Harbourfront neighbourhood. The street was originally commercial in nature due to the many working piers along the waterfront; parts of it have been extensively rebuilt in since the 1970s with parks, condominiums, retail, and institutional and cultural development.
The road supplanted both Front Street and Lake Shore Boulevard as the most southerly east-west corridor in the city when it was created on reclaimed land in the inner harbour. Sometime after 1919 to the early 1920s the inner harbour was filled in and new slips were created.

Click here to take a walk along Queens Quay.



You can ride the streetcar along Queens Quay.


Or walk along the Simcoe WaveDeck.



Week's Favourite - spotted some new additions to the team on Legends' Row outside Air Canada Centre.
Goalie Turk Broda is now having a chat with Johnny Bower.





Fall or Spring - fall display outside our condo.




7 comments:

  1. Old Queenie sure gets around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great area and would be better if the expressway disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fall display is quite welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the TO waterfront is such a classy area - I assume at least in the warm weather. The wave deck could make a few hikers a bit queasy...the NHL pioneers were tough guys without helmets, masks no pads. Wow, great history!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post, Jackie. Sorry I'm so late coming, been hectic here, still is. It must be the Quay of Queens, not belonging to them. I like the ice hockey guys, we have an indoor skating rink in our Houston Mall. We used to play hockey and have a team in the Coliseum but that all has stopped.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um. I would never have guessed it was pronounced key. Of course, in my landlocked state, we don't have many. I certainly learned something today. Beautiful images. I have to say, just love the header! Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots of the Queen's Quay area - lots of good memories there. I love the wave deck - I think that's new since I left.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.