Saturday, October 15, 2016

Let's Talk Turkey

October 2016 - Toronto ON

Even though we're invited to a family Thanksgiving dinner on Monday I wanted to cook a turkey myself. I love the leftovers!!
So Saturday we headed out to find a fresh turkey at College Park.
We also went to College Park because there is a new LCBO that I had checked out a few weeks ago and noted they had a larger selection of gluten free beer.


We love driving home through the city. Photos taken from car.

Not sure what this sign is for. You First?? Dundas Square. It appears to be atop a bus shelter.


So cute peeking out on Queen St. W.



I can't believe I forgot to take a photo of the turkey. He was 4.3 kg so I googled how long to cook him in a convection oven as I always seem to overcook in this oven.
Canadian Living magazine said:


That just seemed too long. I decided this was a better idea.


So stuffed and in the oven at 5:30 aiming for 8PM sit down. Seems when I adjusted the racks (it is a double oven) I moved the oven divider causing the oven to shut off. So an hour later I am back and notice that the oven isn't on!! I quickly get it heated up and took it out at 8PM, used the thermometer and decided it needed fifteen more minutes, perfect!


Sunday YES turkey sandwiches for breakfast! And turkey soup on the stove.
Golf, football, baseball, blogging, bingeing My Kitchen Rules. Leftovers.

Leftovers for dinner watching the Blue Jays WIN!!!




Image result for blue jays win fans
Monday gorgeous Thanksgiving Day!



Out to get some gluten free desserts at the Cheese Boutique.


Family dinner.




Tuesday we were on a mission to find some floor lamps. Accomplished! Two floor lamps for living room and one desk lamp for office.

Condo fall decorations.



Wednesday John golfed and I did some shopping.

Gorgeous day on the golf course.






Thursday the car was due for a check-up and since the dealership is in the east end I suggested an outing after. We went to the Guild Sculpture Gardens but there was some sort of work going on and nowhere to park. So home instead.

Friday shopping and lunch with my BFF what could be better?





BOOKS
Finished Last Train to Babylon and was not disappointed.
Abroad which I found quite disturbing and very intense.
Also After Anna a good read.
Also finished The Illegal and loved it. And thrilled it is a local Canadian writer living in Hamilton!! Can so see this as a movie.
Started The language of Flowers a completely different storyline than the above but has my interest.

DINNER
Saturday - turkey, mashed sweet and white potatoes, mushy peas, cauliflower, GF stuffing and gravy
Sunday - turkey leftovers
Monday - family Thanksgiving dinner
Tuesday - more leftovers
Wednesday - burgers
Thursday  - pizza
Friday - chicken curry


SHARING WITH:

full plate thursday @ miz helens

Friday Photo Journal

foodie friday @ rattlebridge farm

friday favorites @ condo blues

Weekend Cooking hosted by www.BethFishReads.com
Beth hosts Weekend Cooking where you can post anything food related.
Amanda’s Books and More
West Metro Mommy Reads
 Saturday Snapshots is hosted by West Metro Mommy

Weekend Snapshots

12 comments:

  1. Love that racoon mural -- good catch! And lovely signs of fall on the golf course. I also make a turkey for home when we're invited out for Thanksgiving (ours is next month) -- I totally get that.

    I have a copy of After Anna but was hesitant for some reason. Now I'll be sure to find time to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of that, making our own turkey dinner in spite of being at the in-laws. I love love love leftover turkey! Our Th aka giving is n ct month. You look like you had a good family get together, love the photos. Congrats on the Blue Jays winning. I like baseball but haven't watched regularly in years since we quit satellite tv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious post! Thanks for sharing your Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your autumn photos. Beautiful pumpkins, and your turkey looks yummy. Your food photos always make me hungry!
    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving, and I agree that the leftovers are the best part! Great photos, and what fun you are having. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fall colours are lovely, and that raccoon's a nice touch!

    I had dinner with friends for Thanksgiving, but none of us are turkey fans. One of the others baked quiche for our main course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also loved the Queen St murals! Looks like a great celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cooking a big turkey - now that's an undertaking! Happy Thanksgiving! Cheers form Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving. The Queen Street Mural is darling-remind me does Queen street run parallel to the water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queen St does run parallel but it is about 10 blocks north of the lake. You might be thinking of Queen's Quay which runs along the harbourfront.

      Delete
  10. Love the animal murals! Looks like a fun Thanksgiving get together. I love turkey, and usually make it a few times a year. I also love the leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Turkey is my favorite meal to serve my family- I love to do all of the trimmings.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.