Friday, April 29, 2016

Weekend Cooking

April 2016 - Toronto ON

Saturday was lunch at the Elephant and Castle. My fish tacos looked great but they were too stuffed to be easy to eat and the mahi mahi was chopped up into little pieces.




And then an afternoon production of Kinky Boots. I don't know why it took us so long to see this as it was fantastic. John said it was "almost" the best musical he's seen (nothing can move Phantom of the Opera from his #1 spot).





Kyle Parker, on the left played Lola in the production we saw and he was amazing.




Sunday was a lazy day home with blueberry sour cream pancakes for breakfast.

Monday was lunch and a movie. Lunch was at La Carnita, Mexican tacos.



In Cod We Trust (front with red cabbage) on left Beef Cheeks and a pork carnita.



They have cheladas on the menu!! Viva Mexico. 1 spicy with Corona and 1 citrus with Negra Modelo .




It was a freezing cold day for the end of April. We went from winter to spring to summer to winter in a week. 
How cold was the rest of the week? I brought my winter coat back out and the cherry blossoms updates say they won't bloom until May due to the cold weather.


Movie was Criminal, really enjoyed it.



The rest of the week passed in various appointments and administrivia such as taxes and such.


We watched Brooklyn and I prefered the movie to the book, very unusual.


Friday we went to the ROM, Royal Ontario Museum to see the Tattoo exhibit. It was very interesting to learn the cultural differences for tattoos. Stay tuned for a post dedicated to the show.





SMOOTHIES

Our favourite this week was one I made.

Almond Milk
1 banana
1 pear
1 cup pineapple
1 cup mango
Protein powder

DINNER

Saturday we had cheese pate and baguette as we had a big lunch out.
Sunday roast pork, cauliflower au gratin, parsnip turnip and carrot mash.
Monday - Sunday's leftovers
Tuesday - Gingered beef with peppers
Wednesday - salmon in oven with Dijon mayo sauce, oven fries and corn
Thursday - leftovers from the gingered beef with salad as John had a meeting.
Friday - steak, baked potato, peppers, onions and mushrooms.

EATING LUNCH AROUND THE WORLD (IN TORONTO)

Italy pizza at Olympic Bloor/Yonge


Chinese General Tao Chicken at Sawtow in Chinatown (Spadina)

Thailand Thai curry soup at Noodles and Co. in TD Centre Financial District

Mexico La Carnita John St.





Cath@Home

Fun Friday Favourites
 

Weekend Cooking hosted by www.BethFishReads.com



Beth hosts Weekend Cooking where you can post anything food related.

9 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more about Kinky Boots. I watched it on TV, on the recommendation of a friend, years after it was first released and just loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week you had! Now I want tacos...or anything that looks delicious. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to the Royal Alex a couple of times. It's quite a performance space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a colorful week you had. Your smoothie sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderfully varied, interesting, and fun week! I love the colorful stools in the restaurant. And I just saw Brooklyn this week. It was so good. I have no plan to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the film - hope the musical eventually comes here. Cheers from Carole's Chatter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to see this when we were in NYC but Misery won. I'm a huge King fan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those tacos! I love tacos but those look absolutely mouth watering. I love the picture of the boots! I haven't seen Kinky Boots but I'd love too. The tattoo exhibit sounds fascinating. What a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's quite the busy week. Love those big boots!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.