Saturday, July 18, 2015

inSPIREd Sunday


March 2015 - Franz Josef New Zealand


Established in 1951, Our Lady of the Alps is a Catholic chapel located in the town of Franz Josef Glacier.

It was a foggy morning as we strolled around town after our amazing helicopter flight. Seeing and hiking the glacier is the main attraction in this town.








Each apostle is represented in a stained glass window by name and occupation.
I had to google this and found that St. James the Elder was a fisherman, St.James the Lesser didn't have one listed and St. Simon is listed as a zealot.



10 comments:

  1. Very cute church! Wonderful series of images! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the simplicity of it- and the stained glass is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stained glass windows for the apostles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I feel like I have seen those stained glass windows somewhere else but not in a church.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the 3rd photo of the cute little church. The colour blue suits it well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to take shots in foggy Buffalo, NY yesterday. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been to the glaciers and strolled around Franz Joseph township, it's a nice wee spot (maybe not to live in) - but then I am from the 'coast', but further north. A nice chapel, I'll have to give it a visit next time we are over that way.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely little place. We haven't explored much of the south island, but it's on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very simple and typical Catholic church

    ReplyDelete