29 August 2026

Birdie

 Linking up with Marg at The Intrepid Reader

28 August 2026 - St. John's NL - Toronto ON

St. John's NL

Last Week's Post - Day 1 and 2 in St. John's NL

SATURDAY Click here for our day 3

It was a gorgeous sunny day! We spent the afternoon with lunch at Quidi Vidi.

I made a couple more dinner reservations as it is hard to get in without one at some places.


SUNDAY Click here for our day 4
Outfit - One Word Sunday

We whiled away the morning before heading out.
A little cloudier that yesterday but perfect for walking around.

MONDAY Click here for our day 5

We had a boat tour for a few hours.







I think we've seen Rocky Horror Picture Show on stage a few times, definitely on NYE in New York City 2001, right after 9/11.






THURSDAY

We slept in this morning, but then we didn't go to bed until 1AM.
John used the simulator. 
I did a quick run to Longo's to cover us over the weekend. I did get pork chops on sale as well as a small pork roast for the weekend. Bacon had $1 off so I grabbed one. 
Bananas are always a good deal, we need to buy them more often.


Fanfest is taking place this weekend. No, I don't know any of the characters, but the costumes are fun.









Always busy, plus there was a Blue Jays game.


We unpacked most stuff and it went right into the laundry.

John is laughing his way through Ted Lasso. I finished (kitchen) Two Weeks in August (almost trashy, but has me at the 5th episode). Okay I admit it got kinda good.
We caught up on the latest episodes of Silo and Lucky.



FRIDAY


John golfed. I went shopping and found a sweater for fall that I love.


More Fan Expo.










COOKING

10 Foods Invented in Newfoundland That Mainland Canada Forgot

30 traditional Newfoundland recipes

Saturday - St. John's
Sunday - St. John's Cojones
Monday - St. John's late lunch Yellowbelly cod bites and fries, dressing and gravy
Tuesday - St. John's hotel seafood pasta and pizza
Wednesday - St, John's Yellowbelly mussels
Thursday - hamburger patties, mashed potatoes and beans (John's request for homey food)
Friday - Asian steak, parmesan potatoes, asparagus

READING

9 Books Inspired by Newfoundland and Labrador

This was all good plane/vacation reading!

I read Dark Game by Rachel Lynch, a new author, with a new female main character Kelly Porter #1.

The Parents' Association Chris Pavone. What the hell was this? I got all settled on our flight and boom this was over in a flash! It turned out to be a bonus scene from The Doorman!!!

The Babysitter Phoebe Morgan

The Girl Next Door Phoebe Morgan. Another author with very strong female characters, not necessarily good ones, but great reading.

The Doll House also Phoebe Morgan. I'm not loving this one as much so far.






No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

Birdie

 Linking up with Marg at The Intrepid Reade r Weekend Coffee Share Sunday Salon Sherry's Pickings T Stands for Tuesday 28 August 2026 - ...