22 August 2026

Harumama


21 August 2026 - Toronto ON


SATURDAY

It was nice to have a day at home, although John did use to golf simulator for a couple of hours.
We had talked about our property tax bill and how the payments were made. I couldn't describe it well, so I pulled out a copy for John to see what I was, badly, explaining.

I did some chores and took out the clothes I think I'm taking to St. John's this week. I worked on draft posts for the next while.
I have to cut the babies off this spider plant, they are draining the mother.

John decided to go to Canadian Tire to return the lights that we didn't like. so I decided to go along and we checked out the Skechers' Warehouse and we ended up with a pair each BOGO, buy one get one 50% off.

Re: the lights. We had opened them to see that the colour didn't match the ones we had. Therefore he could only get a credit since it was opened. John said well how am I supposed to check that the colour is right? She shrugged.
.

An old favourite Mexican restaurant that was a neighbourhood favourite when we lived in our house off Danforth announced it is closed after 30 years, yikes we were there we it opened!!

I forgot to post Friday's sunset so here it is!!





We watched the film Sharper - Motivations are suspect and expectations are turned to chaos as a con artist takes on Manhattan billionaires.


SUNDAY

I started down a rabbit hole 🐰after Debra She Who Seeks comment on Monday Mural "and I love how every pedestrian is walking along in the classic "Keep On Truckin" pose made famous by cartoonist Robert Crumb!"

I did some further travel research for October.

We went for mani-pedis at 10:15, rather than wasting time during the week! That worked out perfectly! It was a lovely morning along the lake.

.

This was breaking news this morning, one of my favourite signs on Yonge St. Do I wonder if it was arson, as it is sitting on prime real estate, yes, I do.
Video captures exact moment Toronto's Zanzibar Tavern erupted into flames

I ran my laptop monthly maintenance.
John made delicious French toast with blueberry compote for lunch, I tidied up. Put some laundry away and froze the chicken stock.

Kitchen watching - Two Weeks in August - this is why you never rent a place with "friends". 


We started watching The Morning Show, also known as Morning Wars in Australia and Indonesia.
Alex Levy co-anchors The Morning Show (TMS), a popular morning news program broadcast from Manhattan on the UBA network, which has excellent viewership ratings and is perceived to have changed the face of American television.





MONDAY

I went to Cleo's, Winner's to no avail, although I picked up a few fresh vegetables in Farm Boy.
What a gorgeous day it was!


Why in the name of any fashion god would Winners have this in their store? Who's going to buy it and where would they wear this abomination?


John golfed. And then it took him 2 hours to get home due to an accident on the Gardiner! That lead to a whole lot of grumbling about how could you have an accident on such a nice day


TUESDAY

We decided on a stay home day to prepare for our trip to St. John's NL on Thursday. We packed what we could.
I cleaned out the fridge and froze any vegetables for soup at some point.
We bagged up some items for the charity box. 
I backed up my Toronto folder.

WEDNESDAY

John golfed.
Away notice with office. Car keys with the concierge. I went to the $ store for some necessities, and cheap luggage tags because ours always seem to "disappear" when we pick up our luggage.
There were 9 emergency vehicles when I left Longo's, seemly a fire alarm in the notorious ICE building. That meant the street was closed off when the bus turned the corner and we were stuck for 30 minutes before we got onto the Gardiner.
.

I spent the rest of the afternoon dealing with administrivia, checking in online, finish packing, dropping off charity bag, finishing laundry, watering plants and leaving place tidy.

John thought he had a long commute on Monday look at this traffic! Even the Lake Shore exit and the Queensway are backed up going west. I also heard the fire trucks trying to get through.


Random Repost 

How nice not to be getting up at the crack of dawn for a flight, this was very civilized. Other than worrying if our luggage would arrive since Toronto Pearson was having luggage belt problems and loading manually, everything went off without a hitch. We were in our hotel room by 5PM.

Morning view


We did a day tour with lunch around the bay, details in link above.



COOKING
It has been a week of eating what is in the house.

Saturday - pork chops with potato Brussels sproutcauliflower au gratin 
Sunday - chicken quarters and leftover au gratin
Monday - liver, onions, mashed potatoes and kale
Tuesday - beef bulgogi rice
Wednesday - potato cakes (leftovers), mushrooms and fried eggs
Thursday - St. John's NL Oliver's lobster roll and salmon
Friday - St. John's NL Spanish tapas after lunch out


READING

I finished another Paula Daly book The Trophy Child. I do enjoy her snotty, bitchy female characters!! She masterfully depicts how female envy, passive-aggression, and betrayal can destroy lives from the inside out.
And I always enjoy DS Joanne Aspinall, a flawed, practical, and deeply relatable detective!


This is the library in our condo, I read on my phone or laptop but got some good recommendations poking around. And I didn't realize that they had cookbooks, which I will definitely borrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

OUTFIT

   One Word Sundays               Cellpic Sunday       Montreal QC 2025 - English Pug and French Poodle I was only going to use one, but the...