Saturday, July 2, 2022

The Black Canary


July 2022 - Toronto ON

Sherbourne St. Toronto ON
Not much activity this week. We just did all the usual house and home administrivia and chores.
I spent Thursday and Friday(15 hours) (ferry/7 day tour/some hotels/Bay Bulls boat are booked so far) finalizing our Newfoundland Labrador trip from Toronto to St. John's NL and then back to the ferry in Port aux Basques NL. P.S. has always been on our bucket list!

John had his almost last physio.

I booked Stratford ON theatre tickets for the end of the month. This was a birthday tradition until the pandemic. 

Monday John golfed and I went downtown. The island airport bus is now using our downtown spot making it crowded. It is usually parked at the Royal York Hotel, but it is being used for filming, something called Flint, according to the sandwich boards.


I am wondering what they are doing here under the Gardner??


John golfed on Wednesday and I did a grocery shop at Longo's. 

I did a post on our the pathetic lump we have as the newly re-elected premier of Ontario.

Plumbing company figured out they had John's last name spelled incorrectly on the last invoice ($450), they fixed it and we paid it.

Friday was Canada Day so we just vegged. 



COOKING

Saturday chicken wings and fries

Sunday slow cooker pot roast carrots mashed potatoes and cauliflower

Monday chicken curry

Tuesday rotisserie chicken salad  with this salad dressing. I used up the hard taco shells we didn't like. I threw them out.

Wednesday leftover chicken became fajitas.

Thursday hamburgers and chips.

Friday steak with broccolini mushrooms and onions

I did also make chicken stock out of bones that were in the freezer.

READING

I gave up on Eleanor Roosevelt's volume 1 biography.

I then binge read The Golden Couple, a 7 day loan from the library. A book about people you'd like to slap!
The wife is such a boring character that you can't feel any empathy with. There is a ridiculous side plot about big pharma (read intimidating men in trench coats) to tie in the ending. 

The Woman He Loved Before is a captivating and sad read. I am wondering what the outcome will be.

10 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds fantastic! How great to go on a long journey -- finally! We had wings this last week too. I have The Golden Couple on my list, but now I'm thinking I'll just let it go for now. I bet John's looking forward to that last physio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie let me know if there is any chance of a meetup with you when you are here. So happy for you seeing this beautiful place.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will, WWW! I will let you know our itinerary and see what works.

      Delete
  3. That is preparation work for the demolition of the Gardner.
    You had a bit of a quieter week than usual.
    I am getting a little excited about your holiday and seeing that part of your country by your eyes. I hope you can meet up with WWW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet one couldn't get all the coffee shop in Toronto.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry that the Eleanor Roosevelt bio was a disappointment. I've read several children's picture books about her. She is a person who fascinates me.

    I'm wondering when you will go on your trip. It sounds like you have had to spend a lot of time getting ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Planning a trip can be very stressful… you sound as if you have things under control.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Planning a trip is part of the fun I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Canada Day dinner was appropriate: pouting.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.