Wednesday, July 20, 2022

My Recipe Box - Chicken a la Orange

February 2011

This recipe was my mother's and then my sister and I have continued to use it. It is perfect when we don't know what we want. As long as there is chicken in the house it doesn't matter what cut, I've used a whole chicken, chicken breasts or even thighs.



June 2019 I found a slow cooker version that is great. I used chicken thighs.


July 2022 I didn't bother transferring it to a casserole and putting in the oven.
Instead I fried the chicken (with corn starch and some spices) and removed it to a paper towel to drain.
Added the green pepper and onion and fried it.
Added chicken back and poured the sauce over it and cooked until chicken was done and sauce had thickened.
 
I always add a chopped up onion.
Add some heat with hot sauce or guchujang.

You can substitute the molasses with maple syrup, honey, brown sugar.


3 comments:

  1. you know you have a keeper of a recipe when the piece of paper is all water marked and has all sorts of food stains on it!! I have a couple like that.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my mom recipe box.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.