Friday, May 9, 2014

Sepia Saturday



Sepia Saturday

I'm posting at Sepia Saturday today. This week's challenge:


Who says Sepia Saturday participants are not given enough choice when it comes to our weekly theme? For Sepia Saturday 227 (post your posts on or around Saturday 10th May 2014) you can build your contribution from anything from A to Z and if that doesn't inspire you there are sisters, wicker garden furniture and even creepers to help you find an old photo and some new memories. Our theme photograph dates from around 1884 and is part of the National Library of Ireland stream on Flickr Commons. My thanks to Marilyn for looking after things last week (without all her efforts, Sepia Saturday would come tumbling down like a pile of wooden building bricks) and for choosing this interesting theme.

Lots of leeway for this week's challenge so I'm going with sisters.
My sister and I outside my grandmother's house in Dublin around 1957.




12 comments:

  1. A good shot of you back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two little cherubs in blue. Very charming & sweet. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. They look like hand-knitted cardigans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What little cuties you two were, and I love the blue toning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. two sweet little girls and roses, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you got flowering bushes in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So are they hankies in your pockets that I spy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you two cuties in shades of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's just lovely watching all the different styles in children's clothes over the years. Dressed in blue with pride by Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mum used to dress me and my siblings similarly too - only problem - they were brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely charming. I too noticed the hand knitted garments.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.