Friday, May 16, 2014

Sepia Saturday



Sepia Saturday

I'm posting at Sepia Saturday today. This week's challenge:


228 : sand, sandbags, sailor-suits, beachcombing, pilfering!

SCORED!! My sister and I (on the left with my head down) in sailor dresses with our second cousin Derek Brennan in Dublin Ireland in 1958 when we went back to live to visit.

My mother and her two sisters (we were living in Baie Comeau and my aunts were in Montreal) got homesick for their Mom (Nanny was living in London England). So everyone packed up and the men stayed behind to finish up the details.
Off we went, my Mom, my sister, aunts and one baby cousin boy.  First to London to see my grandparents. Didn't they then decide that coming back wasn't such a great idea. Needless to say my Dad and uncles were less than pleased. We stayed a few months and went over to Dublin to visit family.



10 comments:

  1. Cute dresses. What color were they? Your head may have been down to show off that huge bow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matching dresses! I used to hate it when mum dresses my siblings and I in matching jumpers or shirts - but then they were boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that barbed wire in front of you there, and if so, do you know what the significance of it was?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that is some folds in the photo but it sure looks like barbed wire!

      Delete
  4. And very posh sailor girls they are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how Derek felt about having to sit with two little girls to have his photo taken ? Aw, Mum !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Were they forced to hold hands, I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Your life/lives would have been entirely different if they'd decided to move back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw so cute. I like how the older cousin is keeping you girls close by, at least for the photo anyway. But that was some trip!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.