Monday, May 5, 2014

It's Monday! What are you reading?


 
It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. For this meme, bloggers post what they finished last week, what they're currently reading, and what they plan to start this week.
My comments are not meant to be recaps of the story lines as I include a link to Goodreads for their synopsis of the book. I am merely stating how I felt about the book without giving any spoilers.



47 COMPLETED READS TO DATE!
1 ABANDONED
1 not finished as it expired so I will have to borrow it again. The Nightmare

FINISHED:
Ready Player One


Let's just say that this will be in my top five reads of 2014.

You must love geeky media to enjoy it, it was like a  flashback to the 80s. The premise of the virtual treasure hunt using 1980s video games was such fun. I smiled every time a Commodore 64 was mentioned.
 I don't think you have to be a connoisseur of vintage video games to enjoy this book or have spent hours playing D&D. 
The plot was just fun and kept you turning the pages.

I was so disappointed when it ended. 
Not sure what could follow this I simply went to the last book I had checked out from the library.

STARTED:
The Treatment (Jack Caffery, #2)

Midsummer, and in an unassuming house on a quiet residential street on the edge of Brockwell Park in south London, a husband and wife are discovered. Badly dehydrated, they've been bound and beaten, the husband is close to death. But worse is to come: their young son is missing.

When DI Jack Caffery of the Met's AMIT squad is called in to investigate, the similarities to events in his own past make it impossible for him to view this new crime with the necessary detachment. And as Jack digs deeper, as he attempts to hold his own life together in the face of ever more disturbing revelations about both the past and the present, the real nightmare begins..

3 comments:

  1. I've heard such great things about Ready Player One, but I suspect it might be a better fit for my husband than for me! Have a wonderful week and I hope you enjoy your next read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about what you think of Mo Hayder's book, I bought The Pigman last week and can't wait to start it. I hope you enjoy your reads this week :)

    Here's my It's Monday! Post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.