Friday, December 13, 2013

Sepia Saturday - Dec 14


Sepia Saturday

I'm posting at Sepia Saturday today. This week's challenge:



207 : So it is time to bring out more of your curiosities, the odd compositions, the crimes against perspective, the thumb in front of the lens. If you come from a long line of great photographers, you could always concentrate on monuments, cyclists, removal vans, or the tunnel which is just to the left of this photograph. The choice is yours - there are few golden rules of Sepia Saturday. Photos with strange compositions, passing cyclists, removal vans, tunnels (look carefully there is one there) - the choice is up to you.

I'm going with bad composition and/or processing and a monument.

1970 - London England

That's me at Trafalgar Square. I'm not sure A) why we kept this and B) why I bothered to scan it???

11 comments:

  1. Oh but you have that bird eating out of your hand. I'd probably keep it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the photographer has chopped the top of the lion's head off too! But, I bet you are glad you scanned it now.
    Love Helen's comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have ditched it as soon as a I saw a print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks quite arty, almost like a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good choice. Ever since the camera became a tourist accessory to carry around, thousands of similar photos have been taken every day at Trafalgar Square. But now they get stored on a cellphone and then sent flying trough the ether to other computers and phones. Not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I just about recognise the lion in Trafalgar Square. Like you, I wondered why you chose to keep it. My dud shots get the boot pretty quickly, so no-one else sees them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You kept it because it captured a moment in time that can never be re-lived. It may be blurry but it’s you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It certainly captured you in joyful mode and an occasion to remember, despite the blurriness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you appear, even if a bit foggy to be having a great time, and it works well for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, it looks like you're having a fun time, and it works great for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And you look happy. It captures the moment. And look how useful it's turned out to be!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.