Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Signs

I am a huge fan of anything Route 66, we have travelled along it throughout the States.

2012 Gallup NM with links to other Route 66

Jackson Boulevard was the starting point for the original Route 66, which means you can drive into Chicago on the “Mother Road” from the Kennedy Expressway, Illinois Interstate 90/94. Exit Jackson east and look for Lou Mitchell’s on your right located near the intersection of Jackson and Jefferson. Route 66 was created in 1926, and when the signs went up on Jackson Boulevard, commuters found Lou Mitchell’s waiting for them. They have been feeding the hungry travelers with comfort food since 1923.



6 comments:

  1. When I was young I had dreams of travelling Route 66 in an open large convertible and staying at basic motels along the way. Too late now but I am pleased you have done it, if not quite like I imagined my young self doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly was something special...very American special. Connections between all those towns, a way to travel at much more speed than we had previously. So glad you've been along it to so many places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to visit there

    Have a route66tastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...Route 66 is a trip that I'd love to take.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. We have a Route 66 here but it’s an entirely different road. It’s interstate 66, although they didn’t build it beyond Virginia except for a bridge into DC.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.