Sunday, July 21, 2013

Song-ography



Here's a new fun meme to join! You'll Shoot Your Eye Out rules are:

1.  Would be kinda cool if you would link back to my blog somewhere...ANYWHERE
2.  Would be kinda cool if you "followed" me.  Not to the bathroom or anything creepy...just here in blog-land.
3.  Please link up using your permalink URL.
4.  Photos MAY or MAY NOT be recently taken.  Heck, sometimes you might see a song title and think "I ALREADY have an amaaaaaaazing photograph for that song title!"  No reason you shouldn't use it.  Amazing is amazing regardless of when it's taken, right?
5.  Would be kinda cool if you'd visit some of the other participants and leave a kind word or two.  I'm from Philly, and you KNOW we have a rep for being the kindest and friendliest peeps in the world :)
6.  You may have one photo,  or drop a photo bomb of photos in your link up post.  Just please make sure your photo(s) are an interpretation of the song title for the week. 
7.  Link-up will be available beginning Sunday mornings.
8.  Tell lots, and LOTS of your blogging friends so I don't feel like I'm sitting at the school lunch table all by myself on Sunday morning.  I don't want to be a "Lonesome Loser" and have to post a photo about it.Got it?  Sunday, link up, song titles, photographs that are interpretations, a mash up I'm calling Song-ography, be there...YO.


This week's prompt is:


Up On The Roof - James Taylor

We live on the 27th floor of a condo in Toronto along the lake. Our building is taller (46 floors) than the new buildings that have sprung up. These photos are from our unit looking out onto the roofs of some nearby condos.



Up On The Roof
Gerry Goffin/Carole King
When this old world starts getting me down
And people are just too much for me to face
I climb way up to the top of the stairs
And all my cares just drift right into space


 On the roof it's peaceful as can be
And there the world below can't bother me
Well let me tell you now
When I go home feeling tired and beat
I go up where the air is fresh and sweet
I get away from the hustling crowds
And all that rat race noise down in the street
 On the roof's the only place I know
Where you just have to wish to make it so
Oh lets go up on the roof
 At night the stars put on a show for free
And darling you can share it all with me
I keep on telling you
Right smack dab in the middle of town
I've found a paradise that's trouble proof
So if this world starts getting you down
There's room enough for two
Up on the roof
Up on the roof - everything is alright
Up on the roof - ah come on baby
Up on the roof - everything is alright








10 comments:

  1. Those are some great looking circular balconies! If ever I am single in my old age, I hope to do some high rise condo living. Such great views!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my those looks like some beautiful homes

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great roof! Looks like a wonderfully relaxing place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great shots! I've never been to Toronto, but now I feel like I'm better acquainted with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Diane on this, I would someday love to live in a city condo like that. Just sitting out on that gorgeous circular patio and surveying busy life around me while I'm in the peacefulness of the air up above...AND a glass of wine too :). Thanks for joining in on Song-ography this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have totally captured what I love about the roof in the city! Great views from your condo... Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you really live up on the roof. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a great view and definitely qualifies as up on the roof. Some nice little patio decks over there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow those are some views you have. I can't imagine living that high up in the air. I love the one with the trees/shrubs.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.