Tuesday, September 29, 2020

T for Tuesday

 T Stands For is hosted by Elizabeth and Bleubeard


One of my lasting memories of Istanbul was having mid-morning tea after a rainy morning.

This is my favourite photo.


I used Lunapic to make these. This one is my favourite.





Çamlıca Hill is in Üsküdar district of Istanbul, Turkey. Situated on the Asian part of the city at 268 m (879 ft) above sea level, Çamlıca Hill has a panoramic view of the southern part of Bosphorus and the mouth of Golden Horn.
The bridge that takes you from Europe to Asia!



The hill is a popular visitor attraction. There are historical-designed teahouses, cafes and a restaurant inside a public park with monumental trees, flower gardens and fountains, run by the Metropolitan Municipality.


It was November so the gardens and trees were bare.






Tea Time







Requisite photos.



Why are we/the women posed like that, with the hand on the hip? 
Before Istanbul we were in Greece and our tour group was bigger. Among that group was an attractive woman, Grace, who didn't mix with any of us. However, we all noticed and laughed among ourselves as she posed again and again at every single sight we saw. And she always posed sideways with her hand on her hip. 

She was one of those who always jumped in front of everyone, she posed in front of the Acropolis, the Pantheon, Delphi, the incredible monasteries of Meteora, it didn't matter, there she was.

Ten years later, and John still says "is that your GRACE pose?".





17 comments:

  1. I enjoyed my virtual trip. How fascinating :) I love the tea service. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. such wonderful memories of a beautiful looking place. How elegant everything looks- from the furnishings to the tea. Your tea photo is gorgeous- I can see why it's a favorite- and how fun to play with digital alterations as well!
    Funny story about "posing Grace":) I actually have a friend who has a specific pose she uses ALL the time to be, yes, front and center and the ret of us will be just normal or even goofy always just laugh about it. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of a Grace pose! Great pics from Istanbul. Happy T Day! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your views of Istanbul are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place and wow, the tea and biscuit looks delicious! I love that the tea is served in a glass, so pretty 😀. That's a lovely photo of you all too, it looks like you have so many wonderful memories of Istanbul! Thanks for sharing and wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great trip. Turkey is on my wish list and looks fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow! I love your picture of tea in Istanbul. What delicious looking treats. The Tea house is Gorgeous! Loved that story about the Grace pose. How fun that you can carry that memory with you all these years. you look great doing your Grace pose.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I’d love to have tea at the cafe. Sip tea from a glass, have tea cake or two, and people watch. I might even strike a Grace pose. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the wonderful tour of Istanbul! I think we went to that park up on the hill for dinner one night with our hosts (a colleague of my husband's and his wife). They made sure we saw everything possible in a few days.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry it's taken me so long to get here tonight. For some reason, I slept most of the day, then I watched OUR presidential debate. I always love visiting you, because you are truly interesting and you have traveled to so many beautiful places. These photos of Istanbul are wonderful and the tea houses and spaces are incredible. I love how you manipulated that photo. I can see why you would like it. At first, I thought it was a round of cheese next to your glass. Not sure if you've been to Iris's blog today, but that "wreath" reminds me of what she called Eierkranz, which to me was an egg bread wreath.

    Thanks for taking me to Istanbul, sharing the tea houses, the beauty of the city, that HUGE bridge, and of course, your Gracie pose in addition to your tea with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the photos of Istanbul. I would love to taste their tea. Beautiful photos with the Grace pose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must say I do love your matchy outfits in your pic. And thanks for Istanbul, I love the interpretations of that cuppa.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photo of your tea in Istanbul. Thank you for sharing the photos of your visit. I enjoyed the Grace story. It's good you all took her behavior with good grace ;-)

    Happy T-day! Stay safe and stay well. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful photos of Istanbul. Definitely a place I would love to visit.
    Lovely tea glasses. I bet it’s tasty.
    Enjoy the week...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum for the tea and... uhhhhh for that lady.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Istanbul. Wonderful pics. I like playing around with photoshop apps with my photos too - so much fun. I have friends who pose with their hands on their hips too. Not my style.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.