Friday, August 24, 2018

Weekend Roundup

Welcome to The Weekend Roundup...hosted by Tom The Back Roads Traveler
Skywatch Friday
ABC Wednesday

1. Starts with "H."
2. A Favorite
3.  Horse

For the letter of the week for this round I am going to go with all things TTC, Toronto Transit Corporation.

Starts with "H"



Humber Loop as seen from our window.




Humber Loop is a station and intermediate turning loop for streetcars on the 501 Queen line of the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC). It is located between the Gardiner Expressway and The Queensway just west of the Humber River in Toronto. The loop is accessed by a private right-of-way that connects tracks eastbound to The Queensway and westbound to Lake Shore Boulevard. The 501 streetcar is split here, larger ALRV streetcars head east from here to Neville Park Loop, and CLRV streetcars head west from here to Long Branch Loop.



Streetcar loops serving this area have been sited at several different places since the 1920s. The early loops were on the north side of then Lakeshore Road intersecting Queen Street (near present day Lakeshore Boulevard and Palace Pier Court and near the historic The Palace Pier) that featured a covered wooden shelter structure.




FAVOURITE
HUMOUR

Seth Rogen started some funny, humourous public announcements for the TTC.





HORSE

Mural on the Danforth a few weeks ago.


10 comments:

  1. It makes sense for that loop to exist for that purpose. Our transitway, which is geared for buses, has the odd spot like that around major transit stations, which particularly come in handy for the articulated buses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...well in my neck of the woods, streets are nonexistent. Now murals we have a few. Thanks Jackie for stopping by, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish more cities had loops like this as would mean more places have trams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love murals, and I love horses. A nice combination. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love to visit this type of places . Please tell something about my captures on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks complecated but I would guess every thing runs smoothly.
    I take part in a few Wednesday meme. Hope you have time to stop in.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why but I get a big kick watching buses and trains turn around at the end of their lines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like Toronto. When I was there in 2011 , I thought I could live there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never been there, probably never will either… but thanks to you I can now look at it for a bit

    Have a splendid, ♥-warming ABC-Wednes-day / -week
    ♫ M e l d y ♪ (ABC-W-team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/23-H

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.