Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Tuesday Treasures


Tom the backroads traveller hosts this weekly meme. 

I am reposting this from 2014 as it is fun to re-read some of our travels.

November 2007 - Cairo Egypt 


These photos are from a dinner cruise we took in Cairo on the Nile in Egypt for a friend's surprise birthday dinner.

Our flight from Hurghada on the Red Seas had been delayed eight hours so I didn't think that we would make our reservation. However, our guide was so amazing, when I emailed that we were dealyed he moved our dinner reservation to the later sitting and ensured that the surprise birthday cake would still be available. With a few minutes to change we were on our way to the ship.




Arriving at our destination - The Pharoh


Boarding the ship


Inside





 Once the entertainment started I stood with my camera and just kept shooting.














Here's a quick video clip


11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - what a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those photos of the spinning dancer - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fantastic - all the swirling capes, veils and skirts. That must have been a wonderful night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Makes me want to go right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a couple of episodes of Joanna Lumley's trip down the Nile. She went on a very similar evening cruise, if not the exact one, although the belly dancer was different. The twirling guy looked the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Egypt's dancers are usually Russian.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.